Windows 10: Administrator account keeps getting disabled

Discus and support Administrator account keeps getting disabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, i wanted to install something in C:/Program Filesx86 andi didn't have permission, so i went on and granted my user every permission possible and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zZmanYTB, Jan 18, 2020.

1. zZmanYTB Win User

Administrator account keeps getting disabled

So, i wanted to install something in C:/Program Filesx86 andi didn't have permission, so i went on and granted my user every permission possible and nothing, then tried logging into Administrator account first time after a windows reset and didn't have it enabled, i went to Local Users and Groups and I tried to enable it, but with no succes, because, guess what, i didn't have permission, now, I didn't have permission to open anything as an administrator, i tried enabling the account through cmd and i had same problem, so i went into Troubleshoot Windows Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Open Command Prompt and it worked, I booted into safe mode and deleted the account with peoblems and i said 'Voila' amd procceded to start windows normally, and it said that the account has been disabled, and did the same thing and i still have the error, now i am in a loop.

And windows button and Search bar don't work, so i can only open a few apps through Run and Windows + X and Powershell.

Thanks!

:)

zZmanYTB, Jan 18, 2020

2. i disable my administrator account

Here is the correct way to do such things:

• Create a spare admin account, same as you ask the locksmith to cut a spare house key.
    • Test the spare account, same as you would test the spare house key.
    • Promote your account to admin level.
    • Test your account.
    • Disable the Administrator account.
    By taking Step 5 as the first step, you painted yourself into a corner. You must now ask a friend to create a bootable Windows Repair flash disk, using the command RecoveryDrive.exe. Use it to boot your machine into Windows Repair Mode, then use System Restore
    to set Windows back to a point then the Administrator account was active.

Frederik Long, Jan 18, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Administrator account keeps getting disabled

Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the built-in Administrator account and
    we appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information.

In this scenario we would suggest you to disable and the enable the
    built-in Administrator account using the command prompt from a different administrator user account and check if the issue persist.

Steps to disable and enable the built-in Administrator account.

1. Click on Windows Search/Cortana and type
      CMD, right click on command prompt and select run as admin.
    2. Type Net user administrator /active:no
      and hit enter key to disable the built-in Administrator account
    3. Restart the PC and login to the
      Administrator account and perform step 1.
    4. Type Net user administrator /active:yes
      and hit enter key to enable the built-in Administrator account

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Administrator account keeps getting disabled

1. Administrator account keeps getting disabled - Similar Threads - Administrator account keeps

2. Getting An Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting An Administrator account: How do I get an Admin Account on a standard account. My dad took Admin away, so is there a way to get admin back without going on his account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-an-administrator-account/4d0a881b-d899-4f63-8a16-f738d38645f5
  3. Getting An Administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting An Administrator account: How do I get an Admin Account on a standard account. My dad took Admin away, so is there a way to get admin back without going on his account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-an-administrator-account/4d0a881b-d899-4f63-8a16-f738d38645f5
  4. Cannot disable default Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot disable default Administrator account.: The Administrator account remains on my log-in screen even after setting it to no longer be active. The account I am using is an administrative account separate from the account I am trying to disable. [ATTACH] I disabled the account through the administrator command...
  5. Cannot login as administrator account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login as administrator account disabled: Wondering if anyone could help me please. I purchased a second hand compute stick STK1AW32SC when I try to boot up it says the administrator account has been disabled and cannot get any further. How can I get logged in? Thanks...
  6. Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Log-in with disabled administrator account in safemode: It used to be possible to login with a disabled administrator account in safemode. I'm unable to do this on current version of Windows 10 (1903). Is there any possibility to change this?...
  7. Administrator account gets disabled when logging out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator account gets disabled when logging out: Windows 10 - 1809 I have enabled the built-in Administrator account but as soon as I log off of any account I use to enable it the Administrator account reverts to being disabled and I cannot log into it. Interestingly I booted up in Safe Mode and enabled the Administrator...
  8. Can't disable "Administrator" account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't disable "Administrator" account.: There is this account I activated called "Administrator" to change my user folder but it didn't work so when I tried to disable it said "Operation completed sucessfully" and it was still there so I restarted my PC but it was still there and I even tried deleting the account...
  9. How to disable Default administrator account...

How to disable Default administrator account...: Hi am a facing this problem for long time..When ever i turned my Pc on its showing invalid username/password...Its getting in to a user account for which i dont know the passwpord....its hidden administrator account i think once i tried that in command prompt,,,,, i have...
  10. Administrative account disabled

Administrative account disabled: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wanted to get rid of the login screen password and turn off UAC because I find both of them annoying. After I tried to disable the main user password, it basically removed all permissions from my profile and I couldn't access...