Windows 10: Administrator Account login icon

Discus and support Administrator Account login icon in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I had a great idea to add an account with the name administrator. Now on the windows login page I have an account called administrator that you just... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by denvilledon, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Administrator Account login icon

I had a great idea to add an account with the name administrator. Now on the windows login page I have an account called administrator that you just click on and you logon without a password. I guess it was not a great idea. How do I either delete this account ( it says built in windows account) or at least stop it from displaying on the login screen. I am running windows home edition so I do not have a policy editor Ver Dev (OS Build 21390.1)

:)

denvilledon, Jun 2, 2021

2. Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 2, 2021
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Administrator Account login icon

Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

Administrator Account login icon

1. Administrator Account login icon - Similar Threads - Administrator Account login

2. Account Administrator Login Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Administrator Login Issue: Trying to login to my windows account on my desktop as administrator and it asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. Not sure what to do to get logged in. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this...
  3. Account Administrator Login Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Administrator Login Issue: Trying to login to my windows account on my desktop as administrator and it asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. Not sure what to do to get logged in. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this...
  4. Account Administrator Login Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  6. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  7. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Locked out of Administrator Account login

Locked out of Administrator Account login: Hi, I hope someone here can help me. After a Windows 10 update a few months ago I have been unable to log in as administrator on my PC. I have tried dozens of websites, including this one and tried as many "solutions", all to no avail. Every solution or workaround...
  9. Can't Login To administrator account on Laptop

Can't Login To administrator account on Laptop: Hello I've been having some issues with logging in for weeks because I don't know the password To My laptop,It's a Republic of gamers gl753ve laptop,I've tried going into safe mode by pressing shift and restart and tried doing a command prompt "rstrui.exe" but that doesn't do...
  10. Hide the administrator account in the login screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hide the administrator account in the login screen?: Hi, Is there any way that I can hide the Administrator account during the login screen but at the same time access it whenever I need it. Like if the user logs off, he should not see the Administrator account, only his standard account. But I will also need to access...