Windows 10: administrator account lost

Discus and support administrator account lost in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had my motherboard replaced and now I have lost my administrator account. Can you help me? I have no trouble using the computer and there is only one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johndjones, Dec 3, 2018.

1. administrator account lost

I had my motherboard replaced and now I have lost my administrator account. Can you help me? I have no trouble using the computer and there is only one account. I can't change anything till I can the account back.

:)

johndjones, Dec 3, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Lost Administrator account

Hello,

The easiest way to resolve this issue is by enabling the built-in administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • Type net user administrator /active:yes
    • Close the elevated command prompt.
    • The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • Restart the system and create a
      new user account

Once you create the new administrator user account you can disable the Built-in Administrator Account by:

• Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • Type net user administrator /active:no
    • Close the elevated command prompt.
    • Restart the system.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Dec 3, 2018
  4. angus Win User

administrator account lost

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

administrator account lost

1. administrator account lost - Similar Threads - administrator account lost

2. Lost administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost administrator: Help,No administrator rights on sons computer. We have a Microsoft account separate from this computer with 2 adult administrators. How do we load administrator to this 1 computer? Thanks...
  3. Lost administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost administrator: Help,No administrator rights on sons computer. We have a Microsoft account separate from this computer with 2 adult administrators. How do we load administrator to this 1 computer? Thanks...
  4. Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10

Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10: I have lost access to my Administrator Account. It happened , I think, after a MS Update. I also had to rebuild MS Outlook, which I am still trying to complete. As you must realise the problem of not having an Administrator Account is not workable as you cannot get past the...
  5. Lost administrator account on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost administrator account on Windows 11: Hello,I accidentally removed my account from Netplwiz. And now I’m stuck on the login screen. I can’t reset my Windows 11 Login Password too, it keeps saying this....
  6. Lost administrator account on Windows 11

Lost administrator account on Windows 11: Hello,I accidentally removed my account from Netplwiz. And now I’m stuck on the login screen. I can’t reset my Windows 11 Login Password too, it keeps saying this....
  7. Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account - Lost Administrator role: A week ago I had Administrator rights on this PC. For reasons unknown they have disappeared. I am no longer able to open downloaded apps. I have followed many fixes offered by Microsoft and others but in the end get to "Access Denied" or yet another request to log in to MS...
  8. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...
  9. Lost administration rights on admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  10. Lost administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost administrator: Hi, I am having a problem with my windows 10 accounts. I had on acc that had all rights and i decied to make another on. So i did. Next thing i did is that i chaned names of both accounts and that is situation where i lost my administrator. It just dissapeard..there is no...