Windows 10: Administrator account missing win 10

Discus and support Administrator account missing win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have recently up dated from Win 7 pro to Win 10 using the, 'saving all my data and programs option', this appeared to work OK. On Win 7 I had two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oldbill40, Nov 2, 2019.

1. oldbill40 Win User

Administrator account missing win 10

I have recently up dated from Win 7 pro to Win 10 using the, 'saving all my data and programs option', this appeared to work OK.

On Win 7 I had two accounts, Admin, which had administrator privileges, and a password, and a normal everyday account without Administrator privileges named General without a password.

During the installation when the computer rebooted it rebooted into the Admin account.

Once the installation was completed I made adjustments in the Admin account but after rebooting I was in the General account, this works OK, and for some changes it will ask for the Admin password (as happened in Win 7), this works OK.

I wanted to make more adjustments which were not permitted in the General account, now I cannot find a way of getting into the Admin account in fact I have been unable to find any trace of it (other than for some adjustments done in General account the Admin account password is asked for, and is accepted?)

How can I access my old Admin account or delete it, and it's password to create a new account with administrative privileges?

:)

oldbill40, Nov 2, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 2, 2019
  3. John Zab Win User
    windows 10 administrator account disappeared

Hi,

To further isolate the issue regarding with the missing admin account, kindly give us details on the following:

• Which steps have you tried previously?
    • The admin account you lost, was it a Microsoft account or local account?
    In the meantime, you can enable the built-in Administrator account on your PC by trying these steps:

• Press Windows + X then select Run.
    • Type net user administrator / active:yes.
    • Close the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • The built-in administrator account will now be available to sign-into.
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Nov 2, 2019
  4. jimbobs Win User

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Administrator account missing win 10 - Similar Threads - Administrator account missing

2. Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10: I have lost access to my Administrator Account. It happened , I think, after a MS Update. I also had to rebuild MS Outlook, which I am still trying to complete. As you must realise the problem of not having an Administrator Account is not workable as you cannot get past the...
  3. Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10: I have lost access to my Administrator Account. It happened , I think, after a MS Update. I also had to rebuild MS Outlook, which I am still trying to complete. As you must realise the problem of not having an Administrator Account is not workable as you cannot get past the...
  4. Lost Access to Administrator Account. Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My Administrator Account is Missing and My Windows 10 is deactivated.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My Administrator Account is Missing and My Windows 10 is deactivated.: I have this problem for months now. I cannot go back to my Administrator account. The thing is that I accidentally logged out of the account and now I cannot install anything. And I cannot activate Windows 10 because I don't have an Admin account....
  6. Win 10 and Administrator account.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 and Administrator account.: Upgrading soon from win 7 and trying to learn amap before install. In win 7, once installed we could type in a command (Klaatu barada nikto j/k ;) to activate Admin. Then restart to log in as admin and we could delete the user account we were forced to create. Allowing the...
  7. User account missing from log-in screen. The account missing is also the administrator account

User account missing from log-in screen. The account missing is also the administrator account: I have a Lenovo laptop. I have created 3 user accounts. Two of which are just for storing personal files, one for my sister, one for my mother. The 3rd account I use for work is the administrator account. My sister was saving files on her account last night, and this morning...
  8. Win 10 Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Administrator: I have admin rights using my ISP email address. We are going to be switching ISPs and that email will no longer be usable. I recently created a microsoft id using @outlook.com and gave the outlook.com address admin rights on my laptop. How do I remove my old admin login...
  9. Unlock Administrator Account Win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlock Administrator Account Win 10: How do I unlock an administrator account on Win 10? I purchased the computer from my daughter and she nor my granddaughter remember the passwords. My daughter was the first owner but she allowed her daughter to use it and my granddaughter name appears on the startup screen...
  10. Missing administrator account

Missing administrator account: Reset Windows. Now only have local accounts. No administrator. * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/missing-administrator-account/d14ca5ed-7b4f-4d32-9423-ff2f8391f114"