Windows 10: Administrator Account Mystery

Discus and support Administrator Account Mystery in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm new to Win10.------------------------------------------------------------------------Refurbished HP desktop purchased last weekWindows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JetGardner, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Administrator Account Mystery

I'm new to Win10.------------------------------------------------------------------------Refurbished HP desktop purchased last weekWindows 10 HomeVersion 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 -------------------------------------------------------------------------After days of setting up a new desktop and trying to learn Win10, suddenly and unexpectantly it started giving me the dual option of signing in as "Administrator" as well as myself? An option that up to just now it didn't give.1 Before I get all excited, does

:)

JetGardner, Oct 23, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 23, 2021
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Administrator Account Mystery

Deleting an administrator account

Hi Imat,

Kindly follow the steps below to resolve this concern:

Step 1: Remove pin from your administrator account. Here's how:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Remove.
    • Tap Remove to confirm.
    • Type in your administrator password to verify.
    • Hit OK.

Step 2: Make your local account as an administrator account by following the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator.
    • Hit OK.
    • Restart your computer and sign in with your administrator account.

Step 3: Remove the old administrator account. Please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Go to Family & other people.
    • Click on the admin account you want to remove and hit Remove button.
    • When you see a confirmation dialog, select Delete account and data.

Hope this information helps. In case you need further assistance, kindly reply to us.

Charianne Per, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

Administrator Account Mystery

1. Administrator Account Mystery - Similar Threads - Administrator Account Mystery

2. Administrator Account Mystery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Account Mystery: I'm new to Win10.------------------------------------------------------------------------Refurbished HP desktop purchased last weekWindows 10 HomeVersion 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0...
  3. Administrator Account Mystery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account Mystery: I'm new to Win10.------------------------------------------------------------------------Refurbished HP desktop purchased last weekWindows 10 HomeVersion 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0...
  4. Administrator Mysteriously Appeared on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator Mysteriously Appeared on Login Screen: Can someone please tell me why an administrator suddenly started showing up on my login screen? I have always just had two users on my login screen. My normal user account and the administrator account, which I renamed. I know I can just remove it, but I need to know why it...
  5. Administrator account named "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account named "Administrator": I have a administrator account named Administrator How do I delete it the remove account option is missing and I only have change password option I have my own administrator account under my own name however I cannot delete the admin account named administrator....
  6. The Mystery of the Administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Mystery of the Administrator: My Administrator has vanished. It seems that he has gone to Hogwarts. From the below photos, can someone tell me how to bring him back? Who is Owner? Why not Administrator? Thank you for your patience. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [IMG] [IMG]...
  7. Mysterious Account Notification

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mysterious Account Notification: "You need to fix your Microsoft Account. Most likely your password has changed. Click here to fix it in Shared Experiences" I receive the above notification in the Notification Center 2-3 times a week. It is like a normal notification that appears in the bottom right of...
  8. Microsoft Account Mystery

Microsoft Account Mystery: My Windows 10 desktop used to be on my Microsoft account. When version 1803 came out, I wiped the hard drive performing a clean install and I set up the PC using a local account, not the MS account. Since that time, I have not signed into Bing (my homepage on Edge) or any MS...
  9. Mysterious account SID in Windows 10

Mysterious account SID in Windows 10: Account Unknown(S-1-15-3-1024-1065365936-1281604716-3511738428-1654721687-432734479-3232135806-4053264122-3456934681) So when is MS gonna deal with this issue? Remove them if I don't need them? Unknown accounts ? https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup...
  10. Mystery Account

Mystery Account: Been using Windows 10 since Aug and really like it. My problem is when turning on my laptop when it gets tothe logon screen, there is a mystery account has showed up that has my account name on it that it defaults to and password doesn't work *Sad but I can't logon with it. I...