Windows 10: Administrator Account Password

Discus and support Administrator Account Password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Hope your having a great day. My annoying friend changed the password to the built in admin account and my account is a standard account. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jaydan Thomas Daniel, May 16, 2019.

1. Administrator Account Password

Hi,

Hope your having a great day.

My annoying friend changed the password to the built in admin account and my account is a standard account. Is there anyway to change that password without using Group Policy, cmd or an elevated PowerShell.

Thanks in advance.

Jaydan H.

:)

Jaydan Thomas Daniel, May 16, 2019

2. Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Thank you for providing the details. You can change the password of the hidden admin account by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: net user "UserName" "NewPassword".

Type "administrator" in the "Username" and type the password that you want in the
      "NewPassword".
    • Retype the password that you've created and close the Command Prompt.
    These steps are intended for local accounts. And since the hidden admin account is considered a local account, you can apply these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, May 16, 2019
  3. administrator password

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. In this case I suggest you to try converting your account into administrator. Follow the steps below,

1. Search for Run on
      Windows search bar.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run window and click on OK.
    3. It would prompt you for password of admin account, put in the password.

If you have not set any password, just click on OK.
    4. Double click on the user account you want to change and go to
      Group Membership.
    5. Now select Administrator and click on
      Apply and OK.

To set up pay support for home users, please log on to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, May 16, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Administrator Account Password

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Administrator Account Password

1. Administrator Account Password - Similar Threads - Administrator Account Password

2. Why Administrator account has password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Administrator account has password?: Hi thereI have some problemI need to install some software on my computer, but it require to login the administrator account.So I type on command prompt "net user administrator /active :yes".But when I want to login in administrator account, it ask for password. -I've...
  3. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.: I did a reset on my computer to help clear up space and help it run a bit better, but now I'm unable to play anything, as my account is apparently not an administrator account. As such, when I try to do certain things, it asks for the "Administrator password", only problem...
  4. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.: I did a reset on my computer to help clear up space and help it run a bit better, but now I'm unable to play anything, as my account is apparently not an administrator account. As such, when I try to do certain things, it asks for the "Administrator password", only problem...
  5. Can't reset Administrator password due to account not being an administrator account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Require Password for Administrator Account Actions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require Password for Administrator Account Actions: Is there a way to make an Administrator Account require a password to give permission to apps when using the Account itself?I only have one account on my computer, so it's the administrator by default, and whenever an app asks to make changes, there's no prompt for a...
  7. Require Password for Administrator Account Actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Password for Administrator Account Actions: Is there a way to make an Administrator Account require a password to give permission to apps when using the Account itself?I only have one account on my computer, so it's the administrator by default, and whenever an app asks to make changes, there's no prompt for a...
  8. stealing login password of administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    stealing login password of administrator account: is it possible for user of standard account to steal administrator account password. i dont have any proof just a suspicion that somebody stole my administrator account password 158738
  9. Forgotten password--not the administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password--not the administrator account: I am the administrator. I set up an account for my wife. She forgot her password and can't answer the security questions and does not have a password reset disk. (I am signed in.) Windows Pro 1903 What can I do to get her back on line? 153071
  10. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...