Windows 10: Administrator Account Password

Discus and support Administrator Account Password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Hope your having a great day. My annoying friend changed the password to the built in admin account and my account is a standard account. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jaydan Thomas Daniel, May 16, 2019.

1. Administrator Account Password

Hi,

Hope your having a great day.

My annoying friend changed the password to the built in admin account and my account is a standard account. Is there anyway to change that password without using Group Policy, cmd or an elevated PowerShell.

Thanks in advance.

Jaydan H.

:)

Jaydan Thomas Daniel, May 16, 2019

2. Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Thank you for providing the details. You can change the password of the hidden admin account by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: net user "UserName" "NewPassword".

Type "administrator" in the "Username" and type the password that you want in the
      "NewPassword".
    • Retype the password that you've created and close the Command Prompt.
    These steps are intended for local accounts. And since the hidden admin account is considered a local account, you can apply these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, May 16, 2019
  3. administrator password

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. In this case I suggest you to try converting your account into administrator. Follow the steps below,

1. Search for Run on
      Windows search bar.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run window and click on OK.
    3. It would prompt you for password of admin account, put in the password.

If you have not set any password, just click on OK.
    4. Double click on the user account you want to change and go to
      Group Membership.
    5. Now select Administrator and click on
      Apply and OK.

To set up pay support for home users, please log on to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, May 16, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Administrator Account Password

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Administrator Account Password

1. Administrator Account Password - Similar Threads - Administrator Account Password

2. Administrator password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator password: My HP pavilion windows 10 is asking for an administrator password, please any help? 130229
  3. Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change administrator rights of an account as current administrator account password is lost.: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost ***Modified Title from: changeing administrator when the administrator password is lost***...
  4. Administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator password: I can't install apps on my Mac desk top without my administrator password which I have forgotten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-password/0ffdd913-f98f-4d0c-9a5c-cf532d4209af
  5. Administrator password?

Administrator password?: I was trying to change my security questions, etc. on my Microsoft account and I can't because it is asking me for a windows password. I don't have a windows password. I tried using my Microsoft password but that doesn't work. I can't get past this. I tried to go into my...
  6. Administrator password

Administrator password: When asked for my administrator password, what do I need to do if I never set one up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-password/641ffbeb-febe-4e11-bb6c-d8a9b669489f
  7. administrator password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    administrator password: I had the blinking screen happening and tried using the self help to uninstall my display adapter and reinstall it. When i tried to start my desktop in safe mode in Win 10 it asked me or my password and kept saying it was incorrect. then it said you had to sign in as an...
  8. administrative password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrative password: I have an administrative password on laptop but can't seem to use it anymore to make changes to the laptop. What do I do to get it and were do you find it. I would put windows back on but I have files I must keep and I just need the password. What do I do? Please help!...
  9. Built-in administrator account reset its password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Built-in administrator account reset its password: Hello! I have an unusual problem, which has caused me to not have admin access on my own computer. Recently, I noticed that my personal account did not have full privileges on my computer despite it being the only account on it. I activated the built-in admin account with...
  10. Downgrade after changed Administrator account password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade after changed Administrator account password: After installing Windows 10, I changed my Administrator account password, losing my EFS-encryption on some system files. I didn't read the fine print: [img] Now, I can't downgrade because it keeps giving me the error when trying to downgrade that I need to remove the...