Windows 10: Administrator account restricting me from logging into my computer

Discus and support Administrator account restricting me from logging into my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am currently unable to access my home computer due to there being an administrator account on it that i never previously made or have ever seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by plshelpme:, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Administrator account restricting me from logging into my computer

I am currently unable to access my home computer due to there being an administrator account on it that i never previously made or have ever seen before. It is requesting for a password change if I want to log onto my computer, the accounts previous password is required which is why im having difficulties. I have looked up solutions and none of them help as the account is restricting me from doing things such as entering my computer in safe mode or opening the command prompt.

Ask for any further particulars you might need to help out, thanks.

:)

plshelpme:, Aug 27, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 27, 2020
  3. System administrator and You Tube restricted mode

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a local account or Microsoft account?
    2. How many user accounts are there on the computer?
    3. Do you have another administrator account on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the following link to Disable or enable Restricted Mode - Computer - YouTube Help for YouTube.

If you are having another administrator account on your PC, you can login to the administrator account and provide administrator access to the user account. Follow the steps mentioned below.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + R on the keyboard.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run box.
    3. Under the Users tab, click on the
      user account and click on properties.
    4. Under Group Membership, select Administrator from the list.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 27, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Administrator account restricting me from logging into my computer

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Administrator account restricting me from logging into my computer

1. Administrator account restricting me from logging into my computer - Similar Threads - Administrator account restricting

2. Restricted by administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restricted by administrator: Login restricted by administrator.... unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restricted-by-administrator/00240d7c-1e31-49af-88f7-925a9b665c57
  3. Restricted by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restricted by administrator: Login restricted by administrator.... unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restricted-by-administrator/00240d7c-1e31-49af-88f7-925a9b665c57
  4. "Blocked" my administrators account in Settings, accidentally - and can't log in to computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Blocked" my administrators account in Settings, accidentally - and can't log in to computer.: I opened up PC Settings and there were two accounts listed - a new account I had recently made for my underage son and another account with the name of my email - except the one with my email had the first letter in my email capitalized. I saw this and thought my son had made...
  5. "Blocked" my administrators account in Settings, accidentally - and can't log in to computer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Blocked" my administrators account in Settings, accidentally - and can't log in to computer.: I opened up PC Settings and there were two accounts listed - a new account I had recently made for my underage son and another account with the name of my email - except the one with my email had the first letter in my email capitalized. I saw this and thought my son had made...
  6. Microsoft restriction me from getting into my system. I cannot log into my laptop from the...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft restriction me from getting into my system. I cannot log into my laptop from the...: Microsoft restricted my account and I no longer can even get into the first login on my computer. I don’t know what to do? Microsoft can’t do it....
  7. Microsoft restriction me from getting into my system. I cannot log into my laptop from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft restriction me from getting into my system. I cannot log into my laptop from the...: Microsoft restricted my account and I no longer can even get into the first login on my computer. I don’t know what to do? Microsoft can’t do it....
  8. Microsoft restriction me from getting into my system. I cannot log into my laptop from the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Automatically logs me in as administrator

Automatically logs me in as administrator: I was teying to fix and issue last night with updating windows and i woke up and there was an admin account made for me and it would automatically sign me into it. And whenever i sign into the screen is completly black and i cant do anything...
  10. Automatically Logs Me in as Administrator

Automatically Logs Me in as Administrator: So 2 years ago I upgraded to Windows 10, and it immediately would not allow me to log into my account. It said my account is securely locked and a temporary profile has been set up for you. Fast forward 2 years (stopped using computer and just used my table) and I am trying...