Windows 10: Administrator Account

Discus and support Administrator Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I used to log on to Windows 10 with my "Administrator Account" but now it's unavailable and changed to my email address. How to bring back my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rimutaka, Jun 25, 2016.

1. rimutaka Win User

Administrator Account

Hi,

I used to log on to Windows 10 with my "Administrator Account" but now it's unavailable and changed to my email address.

How to bring back my administrator account?

Thanks

:)

rimutaka, Jun 25, 2016

2. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

For those who don't see the "rename" option, it wouldn't work even if you saw it, if you're logged in as yourself (the folder would be in use). However, I did this for a user whose name was misspelled and now he gets a profile error ("can't sign you in,
    you've been signed in with a temporary profile") each and every time he logs in. There must be a solution other than his living with a misspelled name! Please advise, thank you.

System Administrator (administrator), Jun 25, 2016
  3. Administrator account

In this forum we regularly deal with questions from users whose one and only admin account went bad. They are in the same position as someone who has a single house key but no spare key. The risks are obvious, hence having a spare admin account is an excellent
    idea. If you now delete your old admin account then you might come to regret it.

To gain full access to your old profile folder you need to seize ownership of it then give yourself full access rights - see here:

Take Ownership of a File or Folder

File and Folder Permissions

Frederik Long, Jun 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Administrator Account

There was no real Administrator account. It was a Local account.

bro67, Jun 25, 2016
  5. rimutaka Win User
    OK....maybe I use a wrong term.

Can you help me to solve this issue?

rimutaka, Jun 25, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    It should hve converted the old account to a Live Account.

Your old user info is in the windows.old folder.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Administrator Account

1. Administrator Account - Similar Threads - Administrator Account

2. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...: I was prompted to create a Microsoft account on my laptop but I selected random numbers as my birthday so the system tagged me as a family member. The same email address was also registered as the administrator. I have since closed said account but on my device, I still can't...
  3. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...: I was prompted to create a Microsoft account on my laptop but I selected random numbers as my birthday so the system tagged me as a family member. The same email address was also registered as the administrator. I have since closed said account but on my device, I still can't...
  4. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account: So let's get straight to the point, I can't update my Windows. When I opened Windows Update settings, the display displayed `Something went wrong, Try to reopen Settings later.`image1.pngSo of course I was patient and waited, but it's been a week and my update display is...
  6. [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account

[Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account: So let's get straight to the point, I can't update my Windows. When I opened Windows Update settings, the display displayed `Something went wrong, Try to reopen Settings later.`image1.pngSo of course I was patient and waited, but it's been a week and my update display is...
  7. I'm an administrator but denied access to certain files that requires an administrative account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm an administrator but denied access to certain files that requires an administrative account: performed a recovery because pc was running slow. no problems with recovery. now however, I cannot install a certain driver update. Only 1 out of 14 fails, says I don't have admin privledges. All others installed fine.tried all suggestions i could find on this site. still...
  8. unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account

unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account: I have tried so many ways and getting mad. At the end I decided to open a question: mine was an "administrator" normal account. Then I logged into Edge with MS account and now my local windows account is linked to it. no way to remove. There is no REMOVE link from - accounts...
  9. unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove MS account from Windows 11 administrator account: I have tried so many ways and getting mad. At the end I decided to open a question: mine was an "administrator" normal account. Then I logged into Edge with MS account and now my local windows account is linked to it. no way to remove. There is no REMOVE link from - accounts...
  10. Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal user account not showing at start up after enabling hidden administrator: I urgently require assistance. I had issues with UAC prompts and was in search for a solution for this where I came across a community post with below instructions:“The "yes" button in the UAC prompt disappears when you try to open a program with administrative rights, but...