Windows 10: Administrator Approval

Discus and support Administrator Approval in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am trying to find out how to remove the requirement for administrator approval when I open a portable hard drive that I always have attached to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gibney, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Gibney Win User

Administrator Approval

I am trying to find out how to remove the requirement for administrator approval when I open a portable hard drive that I always have attached to my Surface Pro 7? It is a trusted drive for a home system & does not necessitate admin approval when I attempt to access the drive. How do I remove this requirement? I generally use a standard microsoft user account for day to day usage & have a local admin account & user account control setup for downloads, etc...

:)

Gibney, Mar 3, 2022
  2. Alden Rey Win User

Administrator Approval needed to open app

Hi,

If you're bothered of seeing the UAC pop-ups, you can get rid of them by setting programs to run in administrator mode by default. There are a few steps to run an application as administrator by default that you can try. Kindly follow the steps below to
    make the changes:

• Open the Start menu and click All apps. Find the program you want to always run in administrator mode and right-click on the shortcut. In the pop-up menu, click Open file location. Only desktop programs (not native Windows 10 apps) will have this option.
    • A File Explorer window will open to the location of the program you want to access. Right-click on the program and click Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click Advanced
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to Run as administrator and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. You'll need to repeat these steps for each program you want to have this feature.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Mar 3, 2022
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Approvals in Microsoft Teams Now Generally Available

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/2053985

Tenforo, Mar 3, 2022
  4. angus Win User

Administrator Approval

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 3, 2022
Thema:

Administrator Approval

1. Administrator Approval - Similar Threads - Administrator Approval

2. Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account: I cannot enable "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account" to allow OneDrive context menus. What should I do?...
  3. Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account: I cannot enable "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account" to allow OneDrive context menus. What should I do?...
  4. Administrator approval required for installation Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator approval required for installation Microsoft Store: I'm trying to install Enhanced graphics Pack and this message appeared afted download completes : "Administrator approval required for installation"I don't know how to proceed although I'm the admin on my PC. I'm operating on Windows 11 at the latest update....
  5. Administrator approval required for installation Microsoft Store

Administrator approval required for installation Microsoft Store: I'm trying to install Enhanced graphics Pack and this message appeared afted download completes : "Administrator approval required for installation"I don't know how to proceed although I'm the admin on my PC. I'm operating on Windows 11 at the latest update....
  6. Run an executable as Administrator without my approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run an executable as Administrator without my approval: Hello!Is there a way to run at the Windows' startup a software as Admin without me clicking the "Yes" button example image below of what I would like to remove?...
  7. Run an executable as Administrator without my approval

Run an executable as Administrator without my approval: Hello!Is there a way to run at the Windows' startup a software as Admin without me clicking the "Yes" button example image below of what I would like to remove?...
  8. How to reboot my system when it says I don't have administrative approval

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to reboot my system when it says I don't have administrative approval: My Windows laptop computer that I have owned for 10 years is now telling me I do not have or am not logged in as an administrator. So it will not allow me to go into my computer to administrative privileges or sign in as an administrator on anything at all on the computer or...
  9. How to reboot my system when it says I don't have administrative approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reboot my system when it says I don't have administrative approval: My Windows laptop computer that I have owned for 10 years is now telling me I do not have or am not logged in as an administrator. So it will not allow me to go into my computer to administrative privileges or sign in as an administrator on anything at all on the computer or...
  10. How to reboot my system when it says I don't have administrative approval