Windows 10: Administrator Authority

Discus and support Administrator Authority in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi There, I have recently purchased a refurbished laptop and I wish to obtain Administrator Authority. How would I go about setting this???... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by paulrhodesZY., Nov 12, 2018.

1. Administrator Authority

Hi There, I have recently purchased a refurbished laptop and I wish to obtain Administrator Authority. How would I go about setting this???

:)

paulrhodesZY., Nov 12, 2018

2. How to access administrative settings to authorize the download

Hi James,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide us the following information:

• Are you logged in using Local account\ Administrator account?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Ravi.Shankar from the following link.

Windows 8 says i need administrator permission to install a driver but i am the adminsistrator

(Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well)

Do update us with the above information, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Administrator authority

Prof Svc service failed to sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. Only 1 user on system and it had administrator authority. This was an updated Windows 10 install over an existing Windows 7. There is an Administrator profile under Users but it never
    appears in ability to login. No windows updates have been installed for several months. Updates repeatedly have failed - probably due to no admin authority. I've seen references to several different options- what's my best course of action. I prefer NOT
    to install a fresh windows install if it means I have to install all the existing programs.

JerryRouse, Nov 12, 2018
  4. angus Win User

Administrator Authority

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Administrator Authority

1. Administrator Authority - Similar Threads - Administrator Authority

2. Will making my account local host give me some authority to combat the administrator's '

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will making my account local host give me some authority to combat the administrator's ': Hello, I am trying to find out if i make my account an local host if I will be able to do something on this labtop because my son doesn;t remember his password and he is the administrator and we can;t do ANYTHING ABOUT IT....
  3. Will making my account local host give me some authority to combat the administrator's '

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will making my account local host give me some authority to combat the administrator's ': Hello, I am trying to find out if i make my account an local host if I will be able to do something on this labtop because my son doesn;t remember his password and he is the administrator and we can;t do ANYTHING ABOUT IT....
  4. Will making my account local host give me some authority to combat the administrator's '

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Getting Administrator Authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Administrator Authority: I have been using Windows for many and able to work on it with Administrator authority when I needed it. But after an upgrade to Windows a few months ago, my Administrator authority went away. And when I try to do something that requires authority, it brings up a popup...
  6. Getting Administrator Authority

Getting Administrator Authority: I have been using Windows for many and able to work on it with Administrator authority when I needed it. But after an upgrade to Windows a few months ago, my Administrator authority went away. And when I try to do something that requires authority, it brings up a popup...
  7. Getting Administrator Authority

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Administrator authority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator authority: After format and installing Windows 10 even though I am Administrator . I can't copy files to flash drive USB. Note that the flash works on another device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-authority/418a8123-b9b9-4447-952d-fe2fe223d069
  9. Administrator authority

Administrator authority: After format and installing Windows 10 even though I am Administrator . I can't copy files to flash drive USB. Note that the flash works on another device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-authority/418a8123-b9b9-4447-952d-fe2fe223d069
  10. Administrator authority

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware

Users found this page by searching for:

1. administrator authority

2. windows administrator authority