Windows 10: administrator blocked access to file

Discus and support administrator blocked access to file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when I try to open windows defender firewall I got an error that says a admin blocked the access to a file called mmc.exe or something like that, if I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZXbatata123, Sep 15, 2020.

1. administrator blocked access to file

when I try to open windows defender firewall I got an error that says a admin blocked the access to a file called mmc.exe or something like that, if I remember this started after I changed some user perms on if I'm correct on regedit but idk how to revert that change, someone can help me?

:)

ZXbatata123, Sep 15, 2020
  2. ajbob Win User

Wireless printer install blocked by administrator

Added this command to "C: Users\owner>" (no quotes) and response was "System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied" (no quotes). Suggestions, next step?

ajbob, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Martelcs Win User
    Admin store blocked access

here’s hoping this in the correct forum. Ah well here goes:

Currently using Windows10 but have a problem
    Disk Management will not run - I get a message "An Administrator has block access...etc".
    So far have tried a number of Internet suggested solutions: Disable Smart Screen - no good. Ran SFC and DISM thinking may have corrupt system files - no good. followed a suggestion to edit UA setting in registry - useless, Did a repair install but even that does not make the problem go away. anything obvious i am missing or any other suggestions welcome. Thanks

Martelcs, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

administrator blocked access to file

"Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

administrator blocked access to file

1. administrator blocked access to file - Similar Threads - administrator blocked access

2. blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blocked by administrator: I am unable to install/set up device drivers; keeps saying I am blocked by administrator yet I am the only administrator. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-by-administrator/6d81a1ee-d269-4acc-b7cc-757e334c7e3d
  3. blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blocked by administrator: I am unable to install/set up device drivers; keeps saying I am blocked by administrator yet I am the only administrator. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-by-administrator/6d81a1ee-d269-4acc-b7cc-757e334c7e3d
  4. blocked by administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. administrator block

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    administrator block: Hello, I am trying to download some games from cd. I keep getting a box which states blocked by administrator. Contact administrator. I am listed as administrator, and can't figure out this issue resolution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  6. Access blocked to folders/files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Access blocked to folders/files.: For some reason I am running into instances where I cannot open some random folders or files, copy/paste. I've followed every procedure I could find but kept running into various blocks. Windows 10, v1903 [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] 143980
  7. MMC.EXE BLOCKED ACCESS Contact your Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MMC.EXE BLOCKED ACCESS Contact your Administrator: I had this issue where I could not launch computer management, device manager, and other windows applications without a error related to MMC.exe stating Contact your Administrator - access denied or MMC has no permissions to a specific windows program. I could not find a...
  8. File Explorer Administrator Access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Administrator Access?: Is there a way to open Windows File Explorer in Administrative Mode to enable me to use it to delete files that require administrative access? In particular, I want to delete a non-Microsoft file in Windows\System32 called agentactivationruntimestarter.exe. Attempting to...
  9. Administrator denied access to files

Administrator denied access to files: I'm having issues with installing iTunes. The previous iTunes libraries will not open as it says I don't have permissions. I've tried to change permissions and I have to have authority to do that. How do I fix this? Debbie...
  10. Administrator Block

Administrator Block: Clean installed Windows 10 on my Series 9 Samsung laptop. Also installed Samsung Software Update. It was quite useless. But it also plagues me on start up with a block for your protection dialog box at startup. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR but the system doesn't think so. How do I...