Windows 10: Administrator, but dont have sufficient privileges???

Discus and support Administrator, but dont have sufficient privileges??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have 4 PC's all with singles users, all set up as admin as they are the only account on the PC i go to down load a driver for a printer and it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Phil Wellsteed phil, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Administrator, but dont have sufficient privileges???

i have 4 PC's all with singles users, all set up as admin as they are the only account on the PC i go to down load a driver for a printer and it says i dont have sufficient privileges ... log on again with administrator privileges.. which i have as i am the single user and admin!!!! driving me crazy

:)

Phil Wellsteed phil, Jul 20, 2021

2. You do not have sufficient privileges to install the program. Log on again with administrator privileges.

When installing MF237w canon printer on win10 x64 the following msg apprears

---------------------------

MF Drivers

---------------------------

You do not have sufficient privileges to install the program.

Log on again with administrator privileges.

I already run the laptop as admin. Thanks to advise

Thanks

Vishal

Vishal Bannoo, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Administrator, but dont have sufficient privileges???

Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

OK, I tried Dinesh's tutorial. First, here's a list of accounts for my machine:

Administrator, but  dont have sufficient privileges??? [​IMG]

I held down Shift and rebooted, and got the WinRE splash screen. I was prompted to log in, with "Dan" my only option:

If I clicked on "Don't see your account", I got this:

Is it suggesting that "Dan" is an administrator account? Oh, that it were so... I went back, selected the "Dan" account, and it booted into command prompt. I then attempted the first of Dinesh's instructions:

Hello darkness, my old friend... "Access Denied."

Dan

shortmort37, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Administrator, but dont have sufficient privileges???

1. Administrator, but dont have sufficient privileges??? - Similar Threads - Administrator dont sufficient

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. Don't have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have administrator privileges: So my friend was over at my place over the weekend and messed up my laptop. I only have one account on my laptop and that is the administrator account. HE changed my account to "Owner of Devices" so now i don't have admin privileges, and i also don't have another account to...
  5. Don't have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't have administrator privileges: So my friend was over at my place over the weekend and messed up my laptop. I only have one account on my laptop and that is the administrator account. HE changed my account to "Owner of Devices" so now i don't have admin privileges, and i also don't have another account to...
  6. "Verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Verify you have sufficient privileges to start system services.": Hello All, I've been having trouble installing a driver for an audio interface on Windows 10. Every time I try to install the driver, the installation stops at "Starting services" and I get a an error that says "Verify you have sufficient privileges to start system...
  7. Sufficient privileges Forza horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sufficient privileges Forza horizon 4: Trying to join an online session and its saying content is locked and it cannot communicate with the server please try again later and when trying to join a community event it says you received an invite but your account doesnt have sufficient privileges to join right now my...
  8. "Sufficient privileges"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Sufficient privileges": So I've been having this problem were I can't connect to an online session. I've tried sending an invite or getting an invite from a friend to join Forza Horizon 4 Online but won't let me. When I try joining a PVP session I get a note saying "A game invite was received, but...
  9. Administrator account does not have administrator privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account does not have administrator privileges: Hello all, my default user account is set up as an administrator account yet still does not have all write privileges needed when installing to certain drives (C, in this case), and I believe it is causing problems with certain software working the way I need it to. Please...
  10. The service does not have sufficient privileges. Please reinstall.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The service does not have sufficient privileges. Please reinstall.: Hi, I'm using Windows 10. Yesterday after my laptop's Windows updated and restarted automatically, there's an error message popped up on the screen: "The service does not have sufficient privileges. Please reinstall." I closed the window but it popped up sometime...