Windows 10: Administrator Child Account with no 'Add/Edit/Remove Users' Permissions in Windows 10

Discus and support Administrator Child Account with no 'Add/Edit/Remove Users' Permissions in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I already made an administrator child account in Windows 10 but it still has capabilities to add/edit/remove users in the PC. I want to restrict it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by alyssaeliyah, May 2, 2020.

1. Administrator Child Account with no 'Add/Edit/Remove Users' Permissions in Windows 10

I already made an administrator child account in Windows 10 but it still has capabilities to add/edit/remove users in the PC. I want to restrict it from the said capability but still be able to do administrative tasks such as installing and more. Do you have any idea on how to implement it on Windows 10?

My purpose of doing so is the child account is restricted to access some websites but because of the capability to add, edit, remove user, he can still access the restricted websites by creating a new account. That's the reason why I want to remove the said functionality and let him still be allowed to install or uninstall programs.

:)

alyssaeliyah, May 2, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Look at this thread,How to Delete a User Account in Windows 10, it may help. You can try the various methods.
    Make sure you are using an administrative account when removing the account or log on using the Administrator's account.

Or, if you are patient and know what you are doing, manually remove it.

Either way, Goodluck.

95Viper, May 2, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, May 2, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Administrator Child Account with no 'Add/Edit/Remove Users' Permissions in Windows 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Administrator Child Account with no 'Add/Edit/Remove Users' Permissions in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Administrator Child Account with no 'Add/Edit/Remove Users' Permissions in Windows 10

1. Administrator Child Account with no 'Add/Edit/Remove Users' Permissions in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Administrator Child Account

2. Removing child’s account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing child’s account: I am trying to remove a kids account in Microsoft family but it’s saying this account is under statutory and requires the guardian me or organisers permission when I am the organiser and the account is no longer required to be under family as my kid is now 18. I have tried...
  3. Administrator for Child Accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator for Child Accounts?: What I am trying to do is make a child account have administrator permissions, with full control of windows, but still lets the parent account monitor its activity and get notifications of logins. Is there any way I can do this within Microsoft Family Safety or is there a...
  4. Administrator for Child Accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator for Child Accounts?: What I am trying to do is make a child account have administrator permissions, with full control of windows, but still lets the parent account monitor its activity and get notifications of logins. Is there any way I can do this within Microsoft Family Safety or is there a...
  5. Administrator for Child Accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Removing an administrator account of a dead user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing an administrator account of a dead user: For context, I was gifted a Windows 10 laptop by my mother which was used by her late husband, who has since deceased as of late December 2019. He is the soul user with administrator access on this computer, but made me a profile while he was still alive. However, as this is...
  7. Child Account, but they are the administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Child Account, but they are the administrator: Hello, Our two children just received their own laptop computers. We have set up the Microsoft family accounts, however when the laptops are set-up, they are automatically set as the administrators. How do we go about setting up their account but as a "User" on their...
  8. How to add administrator privileges to a child account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add administrator privileges to a child account: Hello there, So I was wondering if there is a way to use a default account/child account and give it admin privileges. Things like installing apps without the password, or removing a file without needing the password. At the same time though keep some of the things like...
  9. Windows 10 (Home edition) user (Administration) account got deleted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 (Home edition) user (Administration) account got deleted.: Hi Team, My windows account got deleted. Am unable to unlock and login to the system. F8 is not working when restarting laptop. Help me in this regards, Thanks DT...
  10. Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts?: I'm the only one who uses my PC with Windows 10. I noticed one day I had 3 user accounts. One named; "defaultuser0", one named; "Public", and one named; "Mike" I never set-up a 'Guest User' account so why did my computer show two accounts other than the one named "Mike" that...