Windows 10: administrator classic account can only create local users

Discus and support administrator classic account can only create local users in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I enabled the "administrator" classic account by issuing: net user administrator /active:yes then set a password for it and logged in.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Carlos.Frederico.Jeunon, Sep 5, 2020.

1. administrator classic account can only create local users

Hi all,

I enabled the "administrator" classic account by issuing:

net user administrator /active:yes

then set a password for it and logged in. For some reason, "administrator" doesn't create accounts in the same way other members of the "Administrators" group do. It does it using theold-fashioned dialogues, and can only create local accounts. If I create a local admin account e.g. "localadmin", similar to "administrator", it creates accounts using the new dialogue, and can create local andnon-local accounts.

Why is this?

Regards,

—CF

:)

Carlos.Frederico.Jeunon, Sep 5, 2020

2. Script to create a local account with administrator privileges

Is there a script using 'net user' or similar to create a local administrator account including password for Windows 10? I tried to put something together but apparently missed a step or have one out of order.

The purpose is to give Users a way to create a 'backup' account to be used if they forget their password or any number of other problems that can prevent them from logging into their system; with their normal Microsoft Account.
    Rather than walk them through each step over the phone, I could email them a script to be run before the problems happen It would create a local admin account with a specific password that could be used in emergencies.

This is for employees who have company systems but are seldom at the office and I would want to preload the name and password so they would not accidentally connect with it but it would be there and ready to use if they call for help.
    Can this still be done in Windows 10 if all the steps are in the right place?

questorfla, Sep 5, 2020
  3. How do i get my user account to administrator account

Hi,

To make the account an administrator account, we recommend the steps below:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Select Account, then click Family & other people (or
      Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise).
    • Then, select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator, then hit
      OK.
    Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account.

If the the issue still persists, we suggest to create a local user then do
    the steps above again.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Sep 5, 2020
  4. administrator classic account can only create local users

Creating more than one local user account

Hi Suganya,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

This issue might occur, if the on which you have currently logged in is not administrator account.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• The account on which you are currently logged in. is this standard account or administrator account?

• Are you trying to create a Microsoft account or local account?

• How exactly you are trying to create a new account?

As per your query, I suggest you enable the build in administrator account, change the exiting account as administrator and then try creating a new user account.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Enable Build in administration account.

1) Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

2) Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.

3) Type the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

4) Now log off from the current user.

Step 2: Log in to your computer, through Build in Administrator account.

1) Press Windows + r and type netplwiz, press Enter.

2) Select your existing user account.

3) Click on Properties button.

4) Click on Group Membership tab and check on
    Administrator

Step 3: Log out from Build in Administrator account, login to your existing user and then try creating a new user account.

Refer to the below link to create a new user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

administrator classic account can only create local users

1. administrator classic account can only create local users - Similar Threads - administrator classic account

2. Can not change user account to Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not change user account to Administrator: Asked question before PC shut off and I lost links answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-change-user-account-to-administrator/dab9945c-1f60-4dd9-8037-901cd67e615b
  3. Computer Account Keeps Creating Local User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer Account Keeps Creating Local User Account: Hello I have had a problem for a while in my network. Several computer accounts keep creating local user accounts and deleting them in a matter of minutes. This occurs in several devices in my environment. Could this be a service?...
  4. How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...: How to built-in administrator enable the account from user account.....? I tried following command but getting below error. [ATTACH] Can you give the solution to fix the issue....
  5. created local user accounts not appearing at users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    created local user accounts not appearing at users folder: problem at windows 10 home 1. users and groups not available at computer management. 2. i have created local user accountmultiple user accounts, but user account not created at users folder and not working/visible at lock/logging screen. 3. i have activated/enabled default...
  6. How to create Local Administrator Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Local Administrator Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Sometimes, you may want to add a new administrator account in Windows 10 to […] This article How to create Local Administrator Account in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Unable to create new local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create new local user account: I'm on my Windows 10 Home PC logged in as Administrator local user and trying to create a new standard local user. I go to settings -> accounts -> other users I select "Add someone else to this PC" and it comes up with a new window headed "Local Users and Groups" telling me...
  8. LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED: Hello, There is a third account Which I can assure you i never made named "Administrator" and it is the local admin, so it has full control over my computer, not me. There are many things that do not work because of this. This "new" administrator has also changed the...
  9. Can't create a new local user account

Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...
  10. Script to create a local account with administrator privileges

Script to create a local account with administrator privileges: Is there a script using 'net user' or similar to create a local administrator account including password for Windows 10? I tried to put something together but apparently missed a step or have one out of order. The purpose is to give Users a way to create a 'backup'...