Windows 10: Administrator control password.

Discus and support Administrator control password. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I added a new user, but it did not offer a password. When I did command prompt, it showed the new user but asked for another password. I can't even... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by darrelleason, May 17, 2020.

1. Administrator control password.

I added a new user, but it did not offer a password. When I did command prompt, it showed the new user but asked for another password. I can't even get in to change the administrator password. I can't get pass the advanced settings for command prompt, it just gives me the option of forgot password, and I have to restart my system again. I am trying to do a system restore, or reset.

:)

darrelleason, May 17, 2020

2. administrator password

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. In this case I suggest you to try converting your account into administrator. Follow the steps below,

1. Search for Run on
      Windows search bar.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run window and click on OK.
    3. It would prompt you for password of admin account, put in the password.

If you have not set any password, just click on OK.
    4. Double click on the user account you want to change and go to
      Group Membership.
    5. Now select Administrator and click on
      Apply and OK.

To set up pay support for home users, please log on to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, May 17, 2020
  3. Kinimod Win User
    User Account Control dialog missing Yes button

Problem solved after a lot of fiddling around, by following the solution I linked to above, except:

• To boot into safe mode, I had to press Enter while GRUB was showing (I use a dual-boot system). Just letting it time out with "Windows 10" selected as I usually do would not work, Windows would not boot at all or boot into regular mode.
    • In safe mode, I was able to log in as administrator by just leaving the password field empty.
    • After resetting the administrator password as suggested, it is no longer empty, Windows changes it to "password", which I luckily found out in a desparate attempt to guess it. I was then able to complete the rest of the steps in the linked article and restore my administrator privileges. Who would have guessed it works like that.

Kinimod, May 17, 2020
  4. John Ado Win User

Administrator control password.

Forgot my Administrator Password

Hi Manish,

Windows automatically ask for password hint whenever you add or set up a new local account. Do you remember getting a hint after several failed attempts to log in your account? If you didn't set up a hint, enable the built-in administrator account on your
    device. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type lusrmgr.msc then press Enter.

• Click Users > Double-click Administrator > Uncheck Account
      is disabled
      box under General tab.

• Click Apply and OK.

Restart your device then sign in as Administrator. It shouldn't have a password. Then go to Control Panel to disable the password for your locked account. After that, follow the steps above to hide the built-in administrator. Sign in your locked account
    and set up its password and please set up a password hint as well.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Administrator control password.

1. Administrator control password. - Similar Threads - Administrator control password

2. Administrator control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator control: How can I get full control of my computer under Windows 10? Even though I select "run as administrator", I get the message that I don't have appropriate permissions to access the item. I want to change to the Administrator account but do not know how....
  3. Administrator control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator control: How can I get full control of my computer under Windows 10? Even though I select "run as administrator", I get the message that I don't have appropriate permissions to access the item. I want to change to the Administrator account but do not know how....
  4. Administrator control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Administration password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administration password: Hi! We tried all the passwords that we could think of for our admin password for our laptop but none works,whats the next option. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administration-password/473e0486-ceec-4cc7-8a73-bd0cb5ab3d1b
  6. administrator password

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator password: How do I recover the administrator password in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-password/a90bd937-c7f6-4f3b-b6d2-18ae17ebef42
  7. Administrative Control

Administrative Control: I mistakenly put administrative control on adobe reader dc. Is there a way to remove administrative control from a program? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-control/48282b5c-93ac-425e-9c31-66a8546729a4
  8. administrator password

administrator password: how do i change administrator password windows 10 without password access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-password/6d0651cc-6042-4f57-aae4-3ac76db23f28
  9. administrator control

administrator control: can not access administrator control. update gave me a new desk top. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-control/cf6943b1-6943-41be-93e6-a70cfcff4ff9
  10. Administrative Control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrative Control: I have a new PC running Windows 10 Home. I am the only Administrator for this PC. I am receiving some "need administrator permission" windows when I am trying to delete a folder or files, etc. I thought as with my old operating Windows 7, a window appeared always and only...