Windows 10: Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry

Discus and support Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, the question is according to Windows 10 x64. I was trying to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection and uninstaller shows an error - access... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Roman Adyev, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry

Hello,

the question is according to Windows 10 x64.

I was trying to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection and uninstaller shows an error - access denied to registry.

I was trying to change permission manually in registry with Admin account, but no luck. Still error - access is denied.

Please see screenshots.

Any ideas?

Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry b3ac5214-07df-450c-84eb-065a4407198d?upload=true.jpg

Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry fa40021c-84b6-480e-9c1b-817fdde75ad4?upload=true.jpg

:)

Roman Adyev, Jul 8, 2019

2. windows 7 administrator won't allow registry changes

I just changed it back to Low and nothing changed.
    While installing Magix music maker...it says " registry error - Registry editing has been disabled by you administrator "

I tried running it as administrator and got the same. even on vista compatible and nothing changed.

I only just got windows 7 last week and it is clean.

What else could be causing this?

Irish_PXzyan, Jul 8, 2019
  3. windows 7 administrator won't allow registry changes

My windows 7 administrator won't allow registry changes?
    Why!

I can't install a few programs because of this?
    How do I fix this?

Irish_PXzyan, Jul 8, 2019
  4. balubeto Win User

Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry

Change Owner of File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 10  

I tried this command sequence

Code:
    Code:
    icacls "<Apply_Directory_Path>" /grant "Administrators":F /T /C icacls "<Apply_Directory_Path>" /setowner "Administrators" /T /C pushd "<Apply_Directory_Path>" && ( rd /S /Q "<Apply_Directory_Path>" 2>nul & popd )
    but it does not work because the first command can not access some directories or files since this command does not have access to these directories/files or it does not find them. Why?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry

1. Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry - Similar Threads - Administrator doesn't access

2. change administrator dont have access to old email

in Windows 10 Customization
    change administrator dont have access to old email: Hi I am trying to change my administrator account (call it admin 1) . I now don't have access to this email account. Under 'family and other people' I have managed to put my new email (say admin 2) as part of the family. I also managed to change admin2 to an administrator....
  3. Change the owner account on a computer

Change the owner account on a computer: I have windows 10 and my wife was the first user on the account. Without losing everything on it how do i change the owner from her account to mine? Thank you in advance....
  4. Change of owner

Change of owner: I have obtained a second-hand PC that runs windows 10. This has the original owner set-up as admin and a second person as 'user account' how do I delete these two accounts and install myself as 'admin' ( I will be the sole user) without altering other programs and settings?...
  5. computer owner change

computer owner change: My mother passed away and I'm her son and new owner of the computer. How doI remove her name and replace with mine ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-owner-change/9bc33b1c-ba7b-4da5-8c72-8ee08b9f0a83
  6. how to change owner of a directory

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change owner of a directory: How to change owner of a directory? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-owner-of-a-directory/172f779f-e7ea-4960-8523-3f94258b6cce"
  7. change owners

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    change owners: how do i change administrators and make this HP laptop running windows 10 that was givin to me mine ? my account etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-owners/21f8316d-80f4-482d-a744-709c18837e35"
  8. Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...: I'm running 64-bit Windows Pro on an Asus P5Q-EM MB with an Intel E8600 processor with 8 GB of PC2-6400 Ram. I've had a couple of unexpected shutdowns and restarts lately. I've got several different error types in my event log. The only one showing to be "critical" is the...
  9. Administrator Access for Registry Edit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Access for Registry Edit: I need to make two registry edits to change my 3G/4G connection to non-metered (since I get unlimited data and hate the Outlook 2016 metered connection warning). When I tried to make the registry edit, it said I needed administrative privileges. My account is an...
  10. Change Owner of File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Owner of File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 10: Hi, I followed tour tutorial to change some registry keys permissions, and found it very easy to follow because it is quite detailed and well explained as always with Brinhk's. However, I fill the case to "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" (step 11). Under...