Windows 10: Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry

Discus and support Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, the question is according to Windows 10 x64. I was trying to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection and uninstaller shows an error - access... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Roman Adyev, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry

Hello,

the question is according to Windows 10 x64.

I was trying to uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection and uninstaller shows an error - access denied to registry.

I was trying to change permission manually in registry with Admin account, but no luck. Still error - access is denied.

Please see screenshots.

Any ideas?

Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry b3ac5214-07df-450c-84eb-065a4407198d?upload=true.jpg

Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry fa40021c-84b6-480e-9c1b-817fdde75ad4?upload=true.jpg

:)

Roman Adyev, Jul 8, 2019

2. windows 7 administrator won't allow registry changes

I just changed it back to Low and nothing changed.
    While installing Magix music maker...it says " registry error - Registry editing has been disabled by you administrator "

I tried running it as administrator and got the same. even on vista compatible and nothing changed.

I only just got windows 7 last week and it is clean.

What else could be causing this?

Irish_PXzyan, Jul 8, 2019
  3. windows 7 administrator won't allow registry changes

My windows 7 administrator won't allow registry changes?
    Why!

I can't install a few programs because of this?
    How do I fix this?

Irish_PXzyan, Jul 8, 2019
  4. balubeto Win User

Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry

Change Owner of File, Folder, Drive, or Registry Key in Windows 10  

I tried this command sequence

Code:
    Code:
    icacls "<Apply_Directory_Path>" /grant "Administrators":F /T /C icacls "<Apply_Directory_Path>" /setowner "Administrators" /T /C pushd "<Apply_Directory_Path>" && ( rd /S /Q "<Apply_Directory_Path>" 2>nul & popd )
    but it does not work because the first command can not access some directories or files since this command does not have access to these directories/files or it does not find them. Why?

Thanks

Bye

balubeto, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry

1. Administrator doesn't have access to change owner in registry - Similar Threads - Administrator doesn't access

2. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  3. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to change an administrator account into the owner account: So, this is pretty frustrating and I've wasted hours trying to find a fix. Apparently I'm the only person to ever have this issue which I don't believe...So, when I first turned on my computer I started doing the setup. Somehow and I literally cannot fathom how, it...
  4. Need to change an administrator account into the owner account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change PC Owner/Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change PC Owner/Administrator: Hi Guys -Hoping someone could provide a little guidance/help.I got a new Windows laptop so I am giving my Mom my old one. My email address is currently the primary administrator on this laptop. I want to remove my Windows account completely from the old laptop aka I want...
  6. Change from owner to administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change from owner to administrator: I apparently made a big boo boo on my new computer. I'm the only user, and I saw that in the account settings I could set myself as the 'owner'. Which made sense since I'm the only one using it and I bought it. However, that seems to have revoked my role as...
  7. Change registered owner and administrator

Change registered owner and administrator: How do I change my registered owner name? And, administrator name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-registered-owner-and-administrator/4e9a905f-f5dc-42af-b829-b50e3d6d978e
  8. Would like to change from owner to administrator

Would like to change from owner to administrator: Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed as administrator....
  9. Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator can change owner of registry key but not permissions...: I'm running 64-bit Windows Pro on an Asus P5Q-EM MB with an Intel E8600 processor with 8 GB of PC2-6400 Ram. I've had a couple of unexpected shutdowns and restarts lately. I've got several different error types in my event log. The only one showing to be "critical" is the...
  10. Administrator Access for Registry Edit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Access for Registry Edit: I need to make two registry edits to change my 3G/4G connection to non-metered (since I get unlimited data and hate the Outlook 2016 metered connection warning). When I tried to make the registry edit, it said I needed administrative privileges. My account is an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change permissions on symantec endpoint registry key