Windows 10: Administrator has Blocked your account error messages

Discus and support Administrator has Blocked your account error messages in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After an upgrade I found that my printer was uninstalled. When I went to put in the CD and load it I got a small red-outlined message which says an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Eldon Pfaffly, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Administrator has Blocked your account error messages

After an upgrade I found that my printer was uninstalled. When I went to put in the CD and load it I got a small red-outlined message which says an administrator had blocked my access, yet I am the only one on computer. I am the owner and only account on it. So then I went to go to device manager and I was blocked there too. I read a lot in the forums with all kinds of fixes, but none worked. I tried the built in admin account but that didn't help. I tried opening a new user admin account, it wouldn't let me. I tried system restore, no help there neither except then I couldn't use chrome because Windows had updated then too and when it did Chrome has stopped working, though I had finally fixed it changing a stetting in the registry. There were so many attempts to tell me a fix and none of them worked, and to be honest the answers were pretty lame, they kept trying to point out something that had no effect on the problem or were obvious. A lot of people have had this problem I read, starting from back in 2017 yet Microsoft never put out a fix, patch for it so I was pretty disappointed in the quality of knowledge that the technicians had. I finally found a fix that didn't require reinstalling windows freshly and losing personal information. I did a reset and choose the keep personal files option and in less than 2 hours I had reset windows and reinstalled the apps and programs it deleted. I had wasted countless hours reading the forums and trying suggestions like the smart screen setting or the WAC settings, registry changes, work around solution that didn't fix the problem, etc. Much faster just to do a reset. I am posting this in the hopes someone else this has happened too will find this post and save a lot of time and frustration. I once again want to point out that some of the answers were so wrong and actually so basic that it was insulting and the fact that Microsoft never put out a fix to get rid of it and tried to blame the persons computer were outrageous. I saw some people swearing off Microsoft products and talking of going to Ubuntu, or apple due to lack of support, or even admitting that Microsoft and it's updates many times cause more harm than good.

:)

Eldon Pfaffly, Oct 9, 2019

2. Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hi guys

I have same issue in safe boot mode with networking!

First of all it blocks the networking

Then states:

Settings cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

Yet clicking on windows i opens settings fine

It also states broadband blocked, yet I can happily get on the net but at first I couldn't.

When I asked about it the guy from Microsoft tech answers couldn't understand why I wanted to use safe boot mode with networking????????

After he did nothing to help but emailed some scripts which didn't refer to safe mode. I rebooted and suddenly safe mode with networking worked with the net but windows 10 still claims broadband is blocked!

Im also still getting the message on trying to unblock broadband:

cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

What is going on there?

Lokiroarsamba, Oct 9, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 9, 2019
  4. jimbobs Win User

Administrator has Blocked your account error messages

Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Administrator has Blocked your account error messages

1. Administrator has Blocked your account error messages - Similar Threads - Administrator has Blocked

2. Error: Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a...: I am running Edition: Windows 10 Home, Version: 22H2, OS Build: 19045.3393, Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0, RAM: 16GB, System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Processor: AMD A12-9700P RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 2.50...
  3. Error: Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a...: I am running Edition: Windows 10 Home, Version: 22H2, OS Build: 19045.3393, Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0, RAM: 16GB, System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Processor: AMD A12-9700P RADEON R7, 10 COMPUTE CORES 4C+6G 2.50...
  4. Error: Your administrator has blocked this application because it potentially poses a...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Your administrator has blocked this action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your administrator has blocked this action: I can't seem to find the way to solve itIt was all fine a few minutes ago when I opened the app, but when I reopen in, this happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-administrator-has-blocked-this-action/1abee58f-59b0-4287-91f3-a84715ed0425
  6. Your administrator has blocked this action

Your administrator has blocked this action: I can't seem to find the way to solve itIt was all fine a few minutes ago when I opened the app, but when I reopen in, this happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-administrator-has-blocked-this-action/1abee58f-59b0-4287-91f3-a84715ed0425
  7. Administrator: Your account has been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator: Your account has been...: Administrator: Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator.What can I do in this situation? How can I install a Microsoft account?...
  8. "This app has been blocked by your administrator"

"This app has been blocked by your administrator": Trying to launch microsoft your phone app and get "This app has been blocked by your administrator" Windows 10 pro I have already tried the Appblocker, gpe, and registery suggestions to no avail. 183156
  9. Error Message: Your account has a problem

Error Message: Your account has a problem: My wife logged in on my computer and now it "thinks" that she is the administrator. Every time I use my computer, I get the error message telling me that my account has a problem. When I click on the message, I am required to log in, but I can only do this with my wife's...
  10. MMC. is blocked. this app has been blocked for your protection. an administrator has...

MMC. is blocked. this app has been blocked for your protection. an administrator has...: So far I've tried everything I can. I checked for malware, changed the security settings and took ownership of it, but it didn't help. I've disabled smart screen and changed the UAC settings, reset the local security policy to default and chacked in group policy if there are...