Windows 10: Administrator has to use other user's password

Discus and support Administrator has to use other user's password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My user account on Windows 10 is administrator. However if I ever need to use an elevated command. a pop-up requests me to type in another... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by repiano55, Jan 4, 2021.

1. repiano55 Win User

Administrator has to use other user's password

My user account on Windows 10 is administrator. However if I ever need to use an elevated command. a pop-up requests me to type in another administrator's password. This seems odd. Have you had a similar experience?

:)

repiano55, Jan 4, 2021

2. administrator password

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. In this case I suggest you to try converting your account into administrator. Follow the steps below,

1. Search for Run on
      Windows search bar.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run window and click on OK.
    3. It would prompt you for password of admin account, put in the password.

If you have not set any password, just click on OK.
    4. Double click on the user account you want to change and go to
      Group Membership.
    5. Now select Administrator and click on
      Apply and OK.

To set up pay support for home users, please log on to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 4, 2021
  3. jimbobs Win User
    Administrator level User

Got the laptop. It's a Lenovo G500 so possibly has Lenovo stuff in the way? Anyway, booted it normally and it opens into a regular account without admin privileges. Rebooted it into Recovery mode (per Option 5) and get Lenovo logo and Preparing Automatic Repair message; then Select Account + "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC". There is an option "Forgot your password or don't see your account?" but selecting that brings up a screen which should list admin accounts but there aren't any. Pressing the only option on that page Restart leads eventually to a BSOD with Stop code: 0xc00002e3 (which I know is misconfigured o/s or missing or damaged system files).

Can anybody suggest next steps in resolving this?

jimbobs, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Administrator has to use other user's password

Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Administrator has to use other user's password

1. Administrator has to use other user's password - Similar Threads - Administrator has user's

2. Why Administrator account has password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Administrator account has password?: Hi thereI have some problemI need to install some software on my computer, but it require to login the administrator account.So I type on command prompt "net user administrator /active :yes".But when I want to login in administrator account, it ask for password. -I've...
  3. Why Administrator account has password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Administrator account has password?: Hi thereI have some problemI need to install some software on my computer, but it require to login the administrator account.So I type on command prompt "net user administrator /active :yes".But when I want to login in administrator account, it ask for password. -I've...
  4. Change local user account to administrator other or family acct not there use windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change local user account to administrator other or family acct not there use windows11: There options do not work. IS Chat pr giving access to Windows support individual available?Press Windows key + X and select Command prompt Admin. Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes Now, sign out from the current account and you will...
  5. Change local user account to administrator other or family acct not there use windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change local user account to administrator other or family acct not there use windows11: There options do not work. IS Chat pr giving access to Windows support individual available?Press Windows key + X and select Command prompt Admin. Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes Now, sign out from the current account and you will...
  6. Administration user/password not known

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administration user/password not known: I need to upgrade a payroll programme and do not have the Admin username/password. Previous person left acrimoniously so no help there. Any help would be good....
  7. "Other User" and Administrator not present after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Other User" and Administrator not present after reset: Recently after about two weeks of inactivity, I used my laptop again, to prepare for online classes. Two weeks after the start of school, my screen starts freezing. It got to the point where one software update was unsuccessful. My first thought was that my wifi adapter was...
  8. administrator user name / password

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator user name / password: I forgot my user name/password for my administrator account. How can I find this information. I need this to do different things. I have been unable to check ,fix ect. Is there resolution to this problem/...
  9. signing on with administrator user name & password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    signing on with administrator user name & password: always signed in with Microsoft account & password next am after upgrade to windows 10 version 1803 I had an administrator account on the opening page. I signed in with MS account. Anything I wanted to do or change went to the sign in with administrator account with...
  10. Administrator disabled and other users vanished after using netplwiz

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator disabled and other users vanished after using netplwiz: Dear all, this may or may not cause hilarity, but I've boxed myself into a corner: 1. Win10 on my laptop; got fed up of constantly having to enter password. 2. Googled non-password start and found netplwiz. Unchecked the 'ask for password' box, shut down and restarted -...