Windows 10: Administrator Help Please

Discus and support Administrator Help Please in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All. Let me start by saying that I know next to nothing about Windows... I got this PC running Windows 10 Home back from my son who used it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mikes#962, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Mikes#962 Win User

Administrator Help Please

Hello All. Let me start by saying that I know next to nothing about Windows... I got this PC running Windows 10 Home back from my son who used it throughout college. He set me up with a separate local account, but left himself as the administrator. I have changed my local account to have me as the admin and tried downloading some 3D software only to find that I can't do that. He does not know how to get rid of his life on here, so I'm looking to the community for help. Do I do a Reset or Fresh Start? In reading the instructions it's unclear to me how to get rid of him, and his files, and be able to make myself the only admin on the system and still have MS Office??? Thank you in advance for your help.

:)

Mikes#962, Nov 15, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 15, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all Settings
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Family and other user.
    • Select the user account at the right side of the window.
    • After selecting the user account change the Account type to Administrator and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Administrator Help Please - Similar Threads - Administrator Help Please

2. Accidental administrated issues. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental administrated issues. PLEASE HELP: I accidentally administrated an app and deleted it immediately, now when I try to download and reopen that program my PC keeps on restarting. Please help...
  3. Accidental administrated issues. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental administrated issues. PLEASE HELP: I accidentally administrated an app and deleted it immediately, now when I try to download and reopen that program my PC keeps on restarting. Please help...
  4. Accidental administrated issues. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help Me Please , I deleted Administrator Account :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Me Please , I deleted Administrator Account :: Hello I bought a laptop with Windows 11 "original "from my friend, I clicked new account, but I forgot to administrator this account and I also deleted the previous user, now I need to administrator this account, can you help me?...
  6. Help please! No administrator on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help please! No administrator on my laptop.: I accidentally deleted the admin access for the 1 and only user of my laptop. Now I can't make any changes whatsoever. There is only the "No" option for anything that requires admin approval. Could someone please guide me to restore admin acess to my account? Thank you so...
  7. No administrator in Windows 10 - PLEASE HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    No administrator in Windows 10 - PLEASE HELP!!!: After the most recent Windows 10 Update I believe around January 16, 2020, it appeared that the Administrator rights had been assigned to a different account. In an effort to change this to my account, I have left myself with no administrator rights in any account. This, of...
  8. Cannot sign in as Administrator anymore ... help please?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot sign in as Administrator anymore ... help please?: I have a big problem? I was getting this looping when I tried to update Windows home 10 so I looked at the help and one of the options was as follows Type: regedit in Start > Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList; Backup your...
  9. "Run as Administrator" is broken. Please help

in Windows 10 Support
    "Run as Administrator" is broken. Please help: None of the methods(right click, ctrl+shift, etc) work. With things like powershell and cmd, nothing happens at all. however, when I try to , say run an executable (a install for example) as an administrator, everything freezes. navigating to file location , clicking...
  10. HELP !! Please login with administrator privileges and try again

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP !! Please login with administrator privileges and try again: I need some help.. I have an old game called: Sims Deluxe Edition.. I always played it when I was a kid few years ago, Now I bought my new laptop, and updated it.. I installed the game with the cd I already had. installed it correctly as I did before.. Then I got...