Windows 10: Administrator involuntarily changed into child account?

Discus and support Administrator involuntarily changed into child account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; What is wrong with this feature? I added a child account some time ago, and everything was alright, but I deleted it some time after. I removed it,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PouyaZN, Dec 22, 2018.

1. PouyaZN Win User

Administrator involuntarily changed into child account?

What is wrong with this feature?

I added a child account some time ago, and everything was alright, but I deleted it some time after. I removed it, and its data completely from the windows and made sure there was no trace of it. My account was administrator and the head of the family, in your feature.

But now, I have to ask for an adult's permission to access something. What adult should I ask? I am an adult myself, and more relevantly, the administrator. And even when I click on "Ask by E-mail", here's what it says:

Something went wrong

We’re working on it – try again in a little bit.

This is really stupid and frustrating, I can't imagine how on earth has my account lost its privileges.

:)

PouyaZN, Dec 22, 2018

2. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Administrator involuntarily changed into child account? - Similar Threads - Administrator involuntarily changed

2. Administrator for Child Accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator for Child Accounts?: What I am trying to do is make a child account have administrator permissions, with full control of windows, but still lets the parent account monitor its activity and get notifications of logins. Is there any way I can do this within Microsoft Family Safety or is there a...
  3. Administrator for Child Accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator for Child Accounts?: What I am trying to do is make a child account have administrator permissions, with full control of windows, but still lets the parent account monitor its activity and get notifications of logins. Is there any way I can do this within Microsoft Family Safety or is there a...
  4. Administrator for Child Accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi.When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son Tom Ashford is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I am Leanne Ashford and I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you...
  6. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi.When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son Tom Ashford is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I am Leanne Ashford and I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you...
  7. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  8. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  9. Changing administrator on child's laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing administrator on child's laptop: I am commandeering my child's laptop to add myself as an administrator and change her to a standard user-do I need to do a factory reset in order to accomplish this?...
  10. Child Account, but they are the administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Child Account, but they are the administrator: Hello, Our two children just received their own laptop computers. We have set up the Microsoft family accounts, however when the laptops are set-up, they are automatically set as the administrators. How do we go about setting up their account but as a "User" on their...