Windows 10: Administrator issue on my Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Administrator issue on my Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i bought a second hand laptop, which only has one account on it. I go to download software, and a box appears and says I need admin password to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Awesome_Orange, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Administrator issue on my Windows 10 laptop

So i bought a second hand laptop, which only has one account on it. I go to download software, and a box appears and says I need admin password to continue. That's weird. I look up my account on the User Accounts page, and the account type is listed as "local account" instead of "administrator". When I go to create another account, same box appears and says I need an admin password to continue. What the heck?! What's weirder is that there isn't even a box to type in a password, just a 'close' button.

I'm thinking before it came to my possession, this laptop was part of a school or business. Can anyone help me figure out how to become administrator?

submitted by /u/Awesome_Orange
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Awesome_Orange, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Administrator issue on my Windows 10 laptop

Windows 10 administrator issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would also suggest you to run the System update readiness command. It detects incorrect manifests, cabinets or registry data, it may replace the incorrect data with corrected version available. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press
      Enter key after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type
    Exit, and then press Enter.

Note :

I suggest you to refer the suggestion by Vashi on OCT-13-2015
    on issue Administrator permission.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/asking-for-administrators-permission-even-though/add91db2-5f7e-4bac-8e90-fc41b6c92fd5.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Administrator issue on my Windows 10 laptop

1. Administrator issue on my Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Administrator issue laptop

2. SIGN INTO MY LAPTOP AS ADMINISTRATOR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SIGN INTO MY LAPTOP AS ADMINISTRATOR: I need help, please.I forget my password as an administrator on my laptop. I have been using it as a "guest" but now need to sign in as administrator.Can anyone help me, please?Can Microsoft please help me?Thank you....
  3. SIGN INTO MY LAPTOP AS ADMINISTRATOR

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SIGN INTO MY LAPTOP AS ADMINISTRATOR: I need help, please.I forget my password as an administrator on my laptop. I have been using it as a "guest" but now need to sign in as administrator.Can anyone help me, please?Can Microsoft please help me?Thank you....
  4. Administrative Tools Windows 10 Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative Tools Windows 10 Issue: I somehow have lost the ability to access my Administrative Tools from the Quick Access menu. My apps show up blank. When I search the folder, My shortcuts showing this. I have tried the sfc /scannow and it didn't work. [ATTACH]...
  5. Administrators issue on windows 10 machine

Administrators issue on windows 10 machine: Hello Microsoft, its staff, and people. Today i was hit by a problem i cant understand. I tried everything i could to solve it but in the end i have the same problem. Problem is : every time i want to run a program as an administrator it would give me the following error:...
  6. Administrator permission issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator permission issues on Windows 10: I recently purchased a new computer with Window 10. I connected my Nikon camera to download pictures I have taken and keeps saying I don't have permission. My account that I sign into is an administrator account. I'm at a total loss for what is happening here. I can see it...
  7. Administrator permission issues on window 10

Administrator permission issues on window 10: Hello, I recently bought my laptop off of a dad whose child used it orginally and I cannot perform administrator actions. There is only one account on the laptop and it appears to have administrator permissions when I go on control panel-change account type. On there, it...
  8. Windows 10 "Run as Administrator" issues

Windows 10 "Run as Administrator" issues: Hi Everyone! Ever since I started using windows 10 (fresh install), I've had this issue. I go to install a program, or run a program that needs elevated rights, and the program acts like it is in the Admin account, meaning it defaults to the Admin user account's file...
  9. Windows 10 Administrator rights issue...

Windows 10 Administrator rights issue...: Good Day, I installed an old game I had laying around Civ 3, and once installed when I tried to open the game to play I got a prompt that administrative privileges were needed to open file. I am the owner of the pc and administrator, I install and remove programs and set...
  10. Administrator issue in windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator issue in windows 10: Hi, ever since I've upgraded into windows 10 i got permission issues. windows 10 is installed in C (which is SSD) and i got another hard drive D. whenever i try to delete file in D i get the following error: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 only account isnt admin