Windows 10: administrator issues

Discus and support administrator issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi: I just had to re-install window 10 on my PC...now I'm reinstalling software and Window won't let me install a program from CD...I get a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ibedennis, May 19, 2020 at 5:47 PM.

1. ibedennis Win User

administrator issues

Hi:

I just had to re-install window 10 on my PC...now I'm reinstalling software and Window won't let me install a program from CD...I get a message that says the administrator has blocked this and I should contact the administrator! I am the administrator and I am the only user on this computer. How can i bypass this error message now and is there a way for me to permanently avoid this happening again?

:)

2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

4. deving Win User

administrator issues

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thema:

administrator issues

1. administrator issues - Similar Threads - administrator issues

2. Administrators issue on windows 10 machine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrators issue on windows 10 machine: Hello Microsoft, its staff, and people. Today i was hit by a problem i cant understand. I tried everything i could to solve it but in the end i have the same problem. Problem is : every time i want to run a program as an administrator it would give me the following error:...
  3. Administrator Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Issues: On my laptop, under Accounts and My Info, it says that I am the administrator, but if I go to other settings, like Sync Your Settings, it won't let me and tells me to contact my system administrator to resolve it. This is frustrating because although my laptop says I'm an...
  4. Administrator password issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator password issues: My son was wanting to buy a premium game for years, so I bought it for him. Then after completing download at microsftstore.com it told me to go to microsoft store. After reaching it said to buy again so I just clicked on buy button and it said something happened on our...
  5. Administrator permission issues on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator permission issues on Windows 10: I recently purchased a new computer with Window 10. I connected my Nikon camera to download pictures I have taken and keeps saying I don't have permission. My account that I sign into is an administrator account. I'm at a total loss for what is happening here. I can see it...
  6. Administrator issue on my Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrator issue on my Windows 10 laptop: So i bought a second hand laptop, which only has one account on it. I go to download software, and a box appears and says I need admin password to continue. That's weird. I look up my account on the User Accounts page, and the account type is listed as "local account" instead...
  7. administrator account issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator account issues: Hello, so I cannot get anybody on the phone for the life of me and the virtual assistant is zero help EVER! Anyways, I have been having issues for quite some time and failed to get any help. I have triple checked to see if I'm correct and it says that I am the administrator...
  8. Microsoft account causing issues with my administrator account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account causing issues with my administrator account.: I reinstalled Windows 10 and signed in with my Microsoft account. But I have to sign out and then into the administrator to do anything. I've made my Microsoft account administrator too, but I can't do everything the admin can. What do I need to copy to the admin so that I...
  9. administrator issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator issues: Ive been the admin on every computer ive ever owned and im the only one thats ever used my computer other than Microsoft as in REMOTE. Ive been running the FSX Acceleration Program since 2007 , now heres the issue, ihave a add on that ive used since 2007, no issues no...
  10. Administration rights issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administration rights issue?: I am the administrator for my PC but every time I move a file from one location to another, it keeps saying you need administration permission to move the file, I can but I just want remove that prompt because it keep showing up again and again everytime I move a file...