Windows 10: Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup

Discus and support Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Team, I have a problem using the features of Windows Hello Fingerprint. I used the local user account administrator as default login in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JovanMiranda, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup

Hi Microsoft Team,

I have a problem using the features of Windows Hello Fingerprint.

I used the local user account administrator as default login in my machine but when I setup the fingerprint it showed the message error "Sorry, something went wrong"? Any idea how to resolve the issue using the administrator account default from local user?

Thanks ,

JM

:)

JovanMiranda, Dec 12, 2020
  2. zdoe Win User
  3. Unable to setup Fingerprint & PIN

Hello Erin,

The issue may be caused by a corrupted profile. What we recommend is that you create a new profile and check if you will be able to setup Fingerprint & PIN. To create a new profile, kindly follow the steps provided in the article below.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persists, kindly get back to us.

Vanessa Oca, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Shahjahan Win User

Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup

Deleting an Local Administrator Account

Hello Thanks for your reply, I red the article and followed the steps within my capacity, however still having the same problem technically I do not see the delete link at the Administrator Account like it is at the other one...So confusing pls check the image - Thanks
    Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup [​IMG]

Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup [​IMG]

Shahjahan, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup

1. Administrator local user account - Windows Hello Fingerprint setup - Similar Threads - Administrator local user

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work on Microsoft account but works on local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Fingerprint doesn't work on Microsoft account but works on local account: Hello,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9.When I first set up this computer, the windows hello fingerprint seemed to fail the setup, so I just used the pin as I used to on my last laptop. I hoped that a windows update or driver update would fix this issue, but after a...
  3. Windows Hello fingerprint setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint setup: When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and try to set up fingerprint recognition, it says "Sorry, something went wrong." and asks me to go through the setup again. I am running Windows 11 22H2....
  4. Windows Hello fingerprint setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello fingerprint setup: When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options and try to set up fingerprint recognition, it says "Sorry, something went wrong." and asks me to go through the setup again. I am running Windows 11 22H2....
  5. Local user account setup windows 10

Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fast. Rebooted and selected other user. It then wants and email and password. Since user was setup without email, I Clicked the keypad under the...
  6. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  7. Local user account setup windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account setup windows 10: So I was able to setup local account by add user, don't know email address, entered user name and password. perfect right? Not so fas. Rebooted and selected other user. I wants and email and password. Clicket the keypad and it then wants user name which is good but also asks...
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup: I recently got a new acer aspire 7 laptop with inbuilt fingerprint scanner in the trackpad And have been using it for 4 months now After updating to 20H2 update and signing in to my school provided microsoft account I dont seem to be able to use the fingerprint option. It...
  9. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup issue.

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup issue.: I am using Dell Inspiron 5580 with Windows 10. Recently my laptop got repaired by Dell due to some technical issues. After the repair work got completed I tried to login the Fingerprint sensor wasn't able to detect the fingerprint. Although the fingerprints were added...
  10. windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup: win10 enterprise - new machine that i'm setting up - xps 9560. so - if i try to set up a fingerprint, i just get a flash screen of something opening/closing - too fast to screen-capture or see. yes, i have the synaptics drivers and they appear to be working by device...