Windows 10: Administrator Login Issues

Discus and support Administrator Login Issues in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So my brother gave my mom his old laptop. Its in good working order, but there's a little problem. My brother's ex-girlfriend reinstalled or restored... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RoyBogy, Dec 15, 2018.

1. RoyBogy Win User

Administrator Login Issues

So my brother gave my mom his old laptop. Its in good working order, but there's a little problem. My brother's ex-girlfriend reinstalled or restored Windows 10. There are two user accounts on the computer. Hers, which is the Admin account and the default as well, and his account. His account was not fully functional when my mom gave me the computer to try to fix. I can login to Windows using his account. I finished setting it up. The main problem is that the ex is the Admin and I don't have her password. She also had a PIN and I do have that, but she doesn't remember the password so I cant figure out how to remove her from the computer or how to put his account or a new account for my mom as the Admin account. I cant make any changes. I can login under her name with the PIN, but without the password, I cant do anything. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

:)

RoyBogy, Dec 15, 2018

2. Administrator's Account login issue on Windows 10.

Hi Alistair,

Please answer to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Are you logging in using Microsoft account on the computer?
    • If a Local administrator account, do you see the misspelled name of the account on login screen?
    • Did you check if Caps Lock or Num Lock was enabled/disabled?
    • What exactly do you want to “amend” (user password or name)?

If haven’t tried, check if you are able to login into the user profile using the reset password on using the
    On-screen keyboard.

Method 1: The On-screen keyboard is located in the
    Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

Step 1: Follow the steps below to use on-screen keyboard at the login screen:

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.
    • After typing, click on the icon located next to the password entry box and check if you have typed the correct password.
    • Press Enter and check if you are able to login into the user profile.

Step 2: After logging in, update the
    keyboard drivers manually from Device manager and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboards, right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Update this software from the context menu to update keyboard drivers.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices, right click on the mouse driver and select
      Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If you are facing the above issue on a Microsoft account, I suggest you to
    Reset Microsoft account password and check if you are able to login using the reset password.

Refer to Forgotten password and other sign-in problems and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of administrator account issue experienced on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Administrator Login Issues

Windows 10 Login issues

Hi Smith,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

• If it logs in Create a new user account and link the Microsoft account and check if the issue persists.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Administrator Login Issues

1. Administrator Login Issues - Similar Threads - Administrator Login Issues

2. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Login: I've been trying to do various tasks within my account on my computer, but when I try to execute something, a pop-up tells me that I need special permissions and to ask the computer's administrator. To start off I am logged in as the computer's administrator, therefore,...
  3. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Login: I've been trying to do various tasks within my account on my computer, but when I try to execute something, a pop-up tells me that I need special permissions and to ask the computer's administrator. To start off I am logged in as the computer's administrator, therefore,...
  4. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Account Administrator Login Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Administrator Login Issue: Trying to login to my windows account on my desktop as administrator and it asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. Not sure what to do to get logged in. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this...
  6. Account Administrator Login Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Administrator Login Issue: Trying to login to my windows account on my desktop as administrator and it asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. Not sure what to do to get logged in. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this...
  7. Account Administrator Login Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. administrator login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    administrator login: I bought my wife a laptop and created an administrator profile named "Jean" At some point, she created another profile called "Jean2" We both forgot the password for "Jean". and can't do anything that requires administrator access. HELP!...
  9. Administrator Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Login: I mistakenly deleted my Administrator account. I want it back now since I can't take absolute control over my Laptop. 91156
  10. login as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    login as administrator: When installing Windows 10 a couple months ago, I don't recall being asked about being an administrator (I use a laptop for my exclusive personal use). I occasionally I get an error message saying I have to have "administrator privileges", including a password, when I try to...