Windows 10: Administrator login problem

Discus and support Administrator login problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to remove the 2nd user account...both the user account has login with same email id. In setting user account is not opening..and even netplwiz is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LOKESHBHOJAN, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Administrator login problem

How to remove the 2nd user account...both the user account has login with same email id. In setting user account is not opening..and even netplwiz is not opening.. how to solve

:)

LOKESHBHOJAN, Jul 20, 2020

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Administrator login problem

Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Administrator login problem

1. Administrator login problem - Similar Threads - Administrator login problem

2. How to solve this problem administrator first login laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve this problem administrator first login laptop: Yesterday I was open account devices on my phone after thatExploring the page I find log your device I click on it and my laptop was lockedAnd accidentally I remove laptop from my account how to recover it When I turn on laptop today showing message please login first...
  3. How to solve this problem administrator first login laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve this problem administrator first login laptop: Yesterday I was open account devices on my phone after thatExploring the page I find log your device I click on it and my laptop was lockedAnd accidentally I remove laptop from my account how to recover it When I turn on laptop today showing message please login first...
  4. How to solve this problem administrator first login laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Login: I've been trying to do various tasks within my account on my computer, but when I try to execute something, a pop-up tells me that I need special permissions and to ask the computer's administrator. To start off I am logged in as the computer's administrator, therefore,...
  6. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Login: I've been trying to do various tasks within my account on my computer, but when I try to execute something, a pop-up tells me that I need special permissions and to ask the computer's administrator. To start off I am logged in as the computer's administrator, therefore,...
  7. Administrator Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. administrator login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    administrator login: I bought my wife a laptop and created an administrator profile named "Jean" At some point, she created another profile called "Jean2" We both forgot the password for "Jean". and can't do anything that requires administrator access. HELP!...
  9. Administrator Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Login: I mistakenly deleted my Administrator account. I want it back now since I can't take absolute control over my Laptop. 91156
  10. login as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    login as administrator: When installing Windows 10 a couple months ago, I don't recall being asked about being an administrator (I use a laptop for my exclusive personal use). I occasionally I get an error message saying I have to have "administrator privileges", including a password, when I try to...