Windows 10: administrator login

Discus and support administrator login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I bought my wife a laptop and created an administrator profile named "Jean" At some point, she created another profile called "Jean2" We both... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PhilipBush1, May 22, 2020.

1. administrator login

I bought my wife a laptop and created an administrator profile named "Jean"

At some point, she created another profile called "Jean2"

We both forgot the password for "Jean". and can't do anything that requires administrator access. HELP!

:)

PhilipBush1, May 22, 2020

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, May 22, 2020
  3. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, May 22, 2020
  4. administrator login

Becoming the administrator on my own computer

Hi Joan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:yes

3. Restart the computer and login to the built-in Administrator account.

4. Delete the account which is not required and make the required account as Administrator.

5. Sign-out from the built-in administrator account and login to the other account which is made as the Administrator and check for status.

After creating a new Administrator account, disable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Right click in the Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command:
    Net user administrator active:no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 22, 2020
Thema:

administrator login

1. administrator login - Similar Threads - administrator login

2. administrative login on personal computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrative login on personal computer: one day my computer changed my administrative username to HP and also changed my password, now I cant do anything to computer . I cant update computer I cant install Microsoft 365 . I have no way to login to administrative account on personal computer! pls pls pls help...
  3. How to run Command Prompt as Administrator in login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to run Command Prompt as Administrator in login screen?: Basically, I have a laptop and I want to challenge myself to break into it while not use any tools at all (no installation media to open cmd, etc.) and when looking on the internet, the only option is to have installation media so I can choose Repair your Computer and open...
  4. Performed a factory rest on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created administrator....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Performed a factory rest on laptop then got the "Other Users" login. Created administrator....: I performed a factory reset on my Lenovo laptop, running windows 10. After a few hours, when the laptop rebooted, I was presented with the "other users" login screen. I sort of expected to be prompted through setting up the unit as if it were new, but this did not happen....
  5. cant login as system administrator

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant login as system administrator: cant install Windows 10 download, get a "blocked by administrator" error. Tried to figure out how to login as administrator with no success. theres no admin icon on users list . HP 2000 NOTEBOOK RUNNING WINDOWS 8..... HELP P.S. tried many online fixes already, no cigar....
  6. Hid Administrator user from login prompt - now locked out of account - Run as dialog seems...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hid Administrator user from login prompt - now locked out of account - Run as dialog seems...: [ATTACH] I'm setting up a new Windows 10 PC for somebody that is not too technical. I installed all the software, and then thought I'd give them a normal user account, in case they clicked on a malware link etc. I have the default Administrator user setup - call it "foo"....
  7. Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Login as Administrator, Only Guest: I am logged in only as guest. I can't find any options to log in as admin. Can't update apps, or even start in safe mode. I've researched several posts about this with no definitive answer. I came across a Microsoft community post saying that this occurred with a user after...
  8. Locked out of Administrator Account login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Administrator Account login: Hi, I hope someone here can help me. After a Windows 10 update a few months ago I have been unable to log in as administrator on my PC. I have tried dozens of websites, including this one and tried as many "solutions", all to no avail. Every solution or workaround...
  9. Cannot login as administrator account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login as administrator account disabled: Wondering if anyone could help me please. I purchased a second hand compute stick STK1AW32SC when I try to boot up it says the administrator account has been disabled and cannot get any further. How can I get logged in? Thanks...
  10. Login Screen says I'm the Administrator, but don't have administrator rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Screen says I'm the Administrator, but don't have administrator rights: Login Screen says I'm the Administrator, but don't have administrator rights New "C" hard drive, restored from "Recovery" drive. wanted to replace my "User" folder with a back up "User" folder. says I don't have permission to do this. How come, I"m the administrator...