Windows 10: Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup

Discus and support Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I recently restored Windows 10 on my laptop. Since then, something unusual has been happening every time I logon. First, I get the Administrator... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cescpistol, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup

Hi, I recently restored Windows 10 on my laptop. Since then, something unusual has been happening every time I logon. First, I get the Administrator logon page, which says that "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator."

Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup [​IMG]

Next, when I click OK, I get to the logon page which shows my true username.

Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup [​IMG]

After I enter my password, I am able to enter Windows 10. Nonetheless, I don't think this is normal. And it can get annoying. Effectively, I have to go through two logon pages.

How do I get rid of this? I am running Windows 10 Home, so when I go to Computer Management, the Local Users and Groups snapin is not available.

:)

cescpistol, Feb 24, 2017

2. Account Missing. Last night I was using it and finished, so I shut own the computer and BOTH accounts were still there.

Sorry, I accidentally put that me and my dad share an account. We have separate ones.

I was finishing using the computer one day, so I signed out of my account, and before turning it off, both accounts appeared on the logon screen. The next day, my dad went to log on to his account, and it was gone from the logon screen, only mine appeared.
    In the control panel on Users, his account is there but isn't accessible, his account is administrator and mine is too.

Melanie A., Feb 24, 2017
  3. MikeDog Win User
    Do not want to use hotmail address and password to logon to my PC. How to revert back to what it was before - a separate logon to hotmail and my PC

Had a session with a MS tech support this morning. Now my PC:

• Must logon using my Hotmail address and password.
      I am the Administrator for my PC and I cannot change my PC logon id and password back to what it was before because name and password change are no longer available. However, I can do so for another user account on my computer

• My PC logon id is now my Hotmail address and password, whereas before, I have a separate logon id and password to my PC

• This logon change is a big security issue because anyone who can hack into MS hotmails can logon to my PC as administrator

I would appreciate help re do not want to sign in with a MS Hotmail account to my personal computer

MikeDog, Feb 24, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup

You do not have Enterprise, so you will not have anymore than just Users and Groups. Something caused your lock screen to behave like that. When did this start?

bro67, Feb 24, 2017
  5. It started when I reset my Windows 10 (and chose to kept all the files). I went ahead with a full reset this time and the problem was fixed. A curious case though.

cescpistol, Feb 24, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 24, 2017
  7. @Brink, no, I didn't previously sign in to the built-in administrator account. When I first reset Windows, I was using my own account (with administrator privileges). It was only after the problem occurred that I actually learned about the built-in administrator account, as I did some research to try to solve it. But again, since I am on Windows 10 Home and didn't have access to the "Local Users and Groups" options, I wasn't able to go very far finding a solution.

cescpistol, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup

1. Administrator logon appears before my account logon page on startup - Similar Threads - Administrator logon appears

2. Logon screen appearing prematurely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logon screen appearing prematurely: I have two machines both running Win 11 Pro latest update. Both machines are set to have a screensaver start after 30 minutes, which works fine on both. However, I have the same problem on both- the screen will change to the logon screen without warning, at intervals ranging...
  3. computer account logons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer account logons: I would like to know the difference between user account and computer account in active directory. I got a lot of successful logon eventsevent 4624 with destination user name as computer account name. When these computer accounts get logged in?...
  4. Logon loop on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Logon loop on startup.: Hi, After a restart on my Lenovo Thinkpad t490, I entered my pin as usual. However, after the welcome message it returned to the lock screen and did not sign on. I restarted the computer and tried again many times, but I was never able to logon. My operating sustem is...
  5. Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Logon Screen Not Appearing: On startup the laptop with Windows 10 Pro edition logon screen is not appearing. Even try to press the enter, escape keys won't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-screen-not-appearing/35f40ce4-c80b-4bea-9c96-c174bb813a80
  6. Task Scheduler - Trigger "At Logon" executes task BEFORE logon!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler - Trigger "At Logon" executes task BEFORE logon!?: Long story short: I ended up using the Task Scheduler to run a batch file when the user logs on, which is after the user entered and confirmed their password. Or so I thought, because it's described like this on every site and every forum. Yet for some reason the task runs...
  7. No Shutdown Button On Logon Page

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Shutdown Button On Logon Page: Due to sluggish PC I reset. Now I have no shutdown button on the logon screen. I've tried the Registry Editor fix, but didn't work. Also ran check on corrupted files and restarted. Nothing. I've run as Administrator....
  8. Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon script runs at startup and not at user logon: I have 3 PCs, and my logon script in my Group Policy (C:\WINDOWS\System32\GroupPolicy\User\Scripts\Logon) runs as expected at user logon in all 3 PCs. However, in my fourth PC, the logon script runs at startup prior to a user logging onto this PC. I cannot seem to figure out...
  9. VPN Before Logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VPN Before Logon: At our company, we have recently launched a remote sales office. We push all our windows updates through WSUS. We also have several device management tools that involve being connected to our corp network to use. We are looking for a tool, that would allow a user to connect...
  10. Avoiding logon at startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Avoiding logon at startup: I have the latest W10 edition/update and now find that I must use my password to open up my laptop. Luckily I still knew it so I was able to log on; but I want to remove this step. What happens at power up is that the laptop sits with a picture screen and says that the...