Windows 10: administrator name

Discus and support administrator name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I’m new to windows how can I change the administrator name ? (It’s not linked to a microsoft account) submitted by /u/a555111 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a555111, Jul 10, 2020.

1. administrator name

Hi I’m new to windows how can I change the administrator name ? (It’s not linked to a microsoft account)

submitted by /u/a555111
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/a555111, Jul 10, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 10, 2020
  4. administrator name

Windows User name for administrator

Hi Tony,

If you wish to rename the Administrator account, you must first be logged on as the administrator to change the account name. Here are the steps on how to change the account username.

Method 1: Change Local user account name.

• Press Windows key + R > type netplwiz
      > OK.
    • The User Accounts window will pop up, click User tab, then select the account that you'd like to change the name >
      Properties.
    • On the General tab, enter the your desired user name >
      Apply
      > OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Method 2: Change the user account if you're using a Microsoft account.

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts > Your Info.
    • Click Manage my Microsoft account. This will take you to Microsoft account settings page.
    • Select Edit name, then change the first and last name , and click
      Save.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

administrator name

1. administrator name - Similar Threads - administrator name

2. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. CAN'T RUN ANY ADMINISTRATOR.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. CAN'T RUN ANY ADMINISTRATOR.: I can't go through any exe and system files in local disk C Windows folder, can't even do cmd and powershell run as administrator. It always says 'make sure you typed the name correctly'. I can't even open task manager or regedit or any administrator privileges, and also...
  3. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. CAN'T RUN ANY ADMINISTRATOR.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. CAN'T RUN ANY ADMINISTRATOR.: I can't go through any exe and system files in local disk C Windows folder, can't even do cmd and powershell run as administrator. It always says 'make sure you typed the name correctly'. I can't even open task manager or regedit or any administrator privileges, and also...
  4. MAKE SURE YOU TYPED THE NAME CORRECTLY. CAN'T RUN ANY ADMINISTRATOR.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I remotely fix "[Your Child} is set as an Administrator on [Computer Name] so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remotely fix "[Your Child} is set as an Administrator on [Computer Name] so...: This summer, I bought my children computers so that they could use them for school. Now I'm getting the alert quoted in the question above. When I follow the instructions, it seems to be that I have to be physically present with my child's computer to log in and set myself up...
  6. How can I remotely fix "[Your Child} is set as an Administrator on [Computer Name] so...

How can I remotely fix "[Your Child} is set as an Administrator on [Computer Name] so...: This summer, I bought my children computers so that they could use them for school. Now I'm getting the alert quoted in the question above. When I follow the instructions, it seems to be that I have to be physically present with my child's computer to log in and set myself up...
  7. administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...: I'm the only home user, and Windows identifies my account as an administrator.At the moment, I'm simply trying to change folder names. When I try to, I can type the new name, but when I hit enter I get an Unspecificed error - 0x80004005.The parent folder is partially...
  8. administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...

administrator account can't change folder names, can't permanently remove read-only status,...: I'm the only home user, and Windows identifies my account as an administrator.At the moment, I'm simply trying to change folder names. When I try to, I can type the new name, but when I hit enter I get an Unspecificed error - 0x80004005.The parent folder is partially...
  9. Windows 11: How do I remove my email, name and administrator information being displayed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: How do I remove my email, name and administrator information being displayed...: Hi,When I go to settings>accounts>sign-in options my name and email is displayed in the upper left corner. I do not want this information available. There is a toggle switch that states: show account details such as my email address on the sign in screen. I have this setting...
  10. Windows 11: How do I remove my email, name and administrator information being displayed...

Windows 11: How do I remove my email, name and administrator information being displayed...: Hi,When I go to settings>accounts>sign-in options my name and email is displayed in the upper left corner. I do not want this information available. There is a toggle switch that states: show account details such as my email address on the sign in screen. I have this setting...