Windows 10: Administrator Password Required for non-Admin application

Discus and support Administrator Password Required for non-Admin application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Somehow, an ordinary, everyday application I use on my computer has gotten it into its head that I need to enter my Administrator password every time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JerryD, Sep 4, 2016.

1. JerryD Win User

Administrator Password Required for non-Admin application

Somehow, an ordinary, everyday application I use on my computer has gotten it into its head that I need to enter my Administrator password every time I call it up. So the prompt to enter my Admin password pops up and I have to enter it. It only takes a second to enter it, but it's just a nuisance, and the application in question shouldn't be password protected. Is there a way to remove the Admin protection? If so, how? Thank you.

:)

JerryD, Sep 4, 2016

2. Blank screen after last windows 10 update

The recovery environment of SHIFT+Restart does require the password for certain operations. So...

(1) Try it from the non-admin account.

(a) Boot to that non-admin account.

(b) Ask Cortana for "CMD".

(c) R-Clk the best match: "Command Prompt", & select "Run as administrator".

(d) If it worked, do what Likhitha V said from Step 2 to enable the built-in administrator account, etc.

(2) Try it from a Recovery Drive, which does not require a password to use.

(a) Boot to the non-admin account.

(b) Ask Cortana for "recovery drive", & click "Create a recovery drive".

This will require a USB media of at least 4 GB.

(c) Boot to the Recovery Drive from the BIOS boot menu.

That is, plug it in, reboot, & hold (or frantically press) F2 (or whatever it is for you) at the manufacturer's logo.

(d) Try the convolutions of Option 5 here...

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Built-in Administrator in Command Prompt at Boot

(e) Continue with the convolutions of the Likhita V post.

PCR Just PCR, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Can't Install ANY Fonts in Windows 10

SOLUTION!

I had the same problem and was very frustrated after reading this thread. It didn't seem believable. Before you abandon Windows, you might try this solution that worked (for me).

Log out of your non-administrator account, then log into an administrator account.

Then double-click the font, click INSTALL, then you are good to go.

Log back out of your administrator account and into your non-administrator account.

I needed to do this even though I had been unsuccessfully inserting an admin password from my non-admin account (using my "administrator finger" via fingerprint reader) in my non-admin account. There must be some issue with either providing admin approval
    in a non-admin account or with using my fingerprint reader.

DennisGalletta, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Jerry, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

What app is this happening with?

If it never used to give you a UAC prompt to run as administrator, then check to see if you may have used option 8, 9, or 10 in the tutorial below to set it to do so.

Run as Administrator in Windows 10

Brink, Sep 4, 2016
  5. JerryD Win User
    Thank you for your reply to my post. Unfortunately, it doesn't answer my question. The application is an ordinary third-part desktop app that ran without this issue under Windows 7. I'm not aware of having done anything to cause this. It just started when I upgraded to Windows 10. I read the link you sent me, which, if I understand it, explains how to set an application so that it asks for/requires an Administrator password to run it. I need to know how to undo that, so that it doesn't ask for an Administrator password every time I try to run it. Like I said, it never did that under Windows 7. There must me a way to remove the password requirement. Thank you.

JerryD, Sep 5, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The tutorial will show you how to undo it, but you would basically just need to uncheck the box in the options if checked to do so. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Administrator Password Required for non-Admin application - Similar Threads - Administrator Password Required

2. Change password by non-admin group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change password by non-admin group: Dear Microsoft Team,I have Windows a 10/11 laptop. I have created some groups different from Administrators. In each group, I have some users. I want to permit that the users of one group could change their own passwords and other groups passwords except from Administrators...
  3. Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password: Hi, How can I remove the option of giving my non-admin account password when requiring admin elevation? I recently got a new computer Win11, I have my account set up as a non-admin account with a seperate admin account. However when I am on my non-admin account and I need to...
  4. Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password: Hi, How can I remove the option of giving my non-admin account password when requiring admin elevation? I recently got a new computer Win11, I have my account set up as a non-admin account with a seperate admin account. However when I am on my non-admin account and I need to...
  5. Admin password is not Administrator password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password is not Administrator password: Can’t find much online. basically a machine was given to me for a project and I was made an administrator with ‘full’ control. There are other admin accounts on the computer. I need to boot from an USB and when asked for the admin password I enter it and it says it’s invalid....
  6. Non-Admin Password Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-Admin Password Change: Quick question. Is there a way to allow non-admin users to change the passwords of other non-admin users. So for example we can assign 1 user on a PC who other users can go to if they forget their password. Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/afogg100 [link] [comments]...
  7. Administrator Password required to uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Password required to uninstall: This is a friends WIN10 PC upgraded from WIN 7. When ever he tries to uninstall a program from the Apps tab under Settings he get a requirement to enter a password. The user name is already in place as 'admin'. How can I find this password since it is not the login...
  8. Admin password reset (non-admin)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin password reset (non-admin): pleas solv my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-password-reset-non-admin/01f6113b-936f-422a-a5d1-2ffa3d1455d6
  9. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  10. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. administrator password required