Windows 10: Administrator Password required to uninstall

Discus and support Administrator Password required to uninstall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is a friends WIN10 PC upgraded from WIN 7. When ever he tries to uninstall a program from the Apps tab under Settings he get a requirement to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanielKahn1, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Administrator Password required to uninstall

This is a friends WIN10 PC upgraded from WIN 7. When ever he tries to uninstall a program from the Apps tab under Settings he get a requirement to enter a password. The user name is already in place as 'admin'.

How can I find this password since it is not the login password. I have tried using Blank but that did not work.

This also happens when I try and open a command prompt and run as administrator. It again asks for a password.

Searching the web does not show solutions for the latest version of WIN10. The User Account functions have changed since many of the solutions have been posted. I see there is a way to decrease the User Account Settings under the Control Panel but I am not sure if this is the method that should be used.

Regards,

Dan Kahn

:)

DanielKahn1, Jan 8, 2020

2. Administrator Password not Working-all fixes required administrator password :-(

HELP! The password for my administrator account is no longer working- or I've forgotten it. I do not have a password reset disk. After days of trying my "normal" passwords and variations, I'm ready to give up and just re-install Windows
    10. BUT WAIT: I can't, because to create the media creation disk from the Microsoft website (long ago trashed the one I used the first time) I have to have the Administrator password to run the download. After selecting
    the command prompt option, I was shown a list of available accounts (me Administrator) and asked to login. Since I apparently don't remember the password, I cannot get past that screen. In answer to your question, my admin account is Not a
    Microsoft account.

I still have the local account, it Is a Microsoft account and is working fine. But that doesn't seem to offer any paths to fix this.

There is an active Administrator account on my computer (labeled me administrator) but again, the password I believe to be correct does not work.

I have posted this previously but the suggestion I received (basically, use shift reset to get to a command prompt and then….. the rest doesn’t matter because I can’t get to
    the command prompt without being asked for an administrator password.
    I replied to the suggested fix, but after 24 hours or hearing nothing, my stress level is getting even more elevation.

In summary- I can’t access the administrator account- and all proposed fixes (to this point) require access to the administrator account.
    See my dilemma????

Mike_999999, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Not Able to install, uninstall any software. Windows 10 Administrator password required for every action

Hello Amit,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the user account you are logged into is an administrator account or not. If not, I suggest you to login to the computer
    Administrator account.

Secondly, I suggest you to check if there are any other user account in your computer with admin privileges.

To do so, open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check all the user accounts created in the computer. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz

Kindly keep us posted.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Administrator Password required to uninstall

Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Administrator Password required to uninstall

1. Administrator Password required to uninstall - Similar Threads - Administrator Password required

2. administrator priviledge required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator priviledge required: In window 11 insider preview i am going face problem in opening any application through run as administrator . every application required administrator privilage and the is only no button showing , but yes button not available...
  3. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  4. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

Changes require an administrator user name and password.: Hello. I inherited a Windows 10 PC from my father. I have purchased an updated version of Office and was trying to uninstall the 2007 version he was using. When I went to uninstall, I got the message below. I do not know how to enter the admin user name and password and I do...
  5. Changes require an administrator user name and password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Require Password for Administrator Account Actions

Require Password for Administrator Account Actions: Is there a way to make an Administrator Account require a password to give permission to apps when using the Account itself?I only have one account on my computer, so it's the administrator by default, and whenever an app asks to make changes, there's no prompt for a...
  7. Require Password for Administrator Account Actions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require Password for Administrator Account Actions: Is there a way to make an Administrator Account require a password to give permission to apps when using the Account itself?I only have one account on my computer, so it's the administrator by default, and whenever an app asks to make changes, there's no prompt for a...
  8. Require Password for Administrator Account Actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Requiring Administrator Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Requiring Administrator Login: Hi Everyone, two questions: I'm looking to setup better security on my PC, as I use this for work. I have other Users on my PC as well, but am trying to limit their access when logged in without me. I would like anything that normally requires an...
  10. Administrator Password Required for non-Admin application

Administrator Password Required for non-Admin application: Somehow, an ordinary, everyday application I use on my computer has gotten it into its head that I need to enter my Administrator password every time I call it up. So the prompt to enter my Admin password pops up and I have to enter it. It only takes a second to enter it, but...