Windows 10: Administrator password - setting time/date on Windows 10 devices

Discus and support Administrator password - setting time/date on Windows 10 devices in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Although I am quite techy in setting up parental controls on all devices, my daughter is still able to bypass screen time by changing the device time.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AndreaHolland, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Administrator password - setting time/date on Windows 10 devices

Although I am quite techy in setting up parental controls on all devices, my daughter is still able to bypass screen time by changing the device time.

My daughter is a member and I am administrator. However, when I log in as her on any device, she is still able to change the device time.

I am trying to set an administrator password for access to change any device time/clock.

Anyone know how to do this?

:)

AndreaHolland, Apr 5, 2020

2. Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

4. Administrator password - setting time/date on Windows 10 devices

Date and time does not run automatically apart from your guided setting

Hi Gopal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing date & time on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have turned on Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically?

Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to turn on automatic time setup if not yet done.

• Type date and time in Search bar on
      Taskbar
      , click on Change the date and time.
    • Turn on Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically.

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the status of Windows Time service.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thema:

Administrator password - setting time/date on Windows 10 devices

1. Administrator password - setting time/date on Windows 10 devices - Similar Threads - Administrator password setting

2. Windows Date and Time settings issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Date and Time settings issue: Hey there!I recently re-installed Windows 10 and the date and time is not correct.Also, I couldn't sync time with time.windows.com server. It gives errors...I also tried to turn on "Set Time Zone Automatically" but it's also not working...
  3. Date and Time Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date and Time Settings: I would like to have my time in military time but I am unable to find a setting to change it to that. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/2fcabe0d-8e83-4e18-9ed4-d6e22b0b21b5
  4. Settings-Date and Time

Settings-Date and Time: Hi Microsoft, I have an issue with the settings on Windows 10 where under date and time, my computer doesn't show the correct time after Daylight Savings changed the clocks. I tried updating to the latest software, that didn't work, I tried syncing connection to the Windows...
  5. Date and Time settings

Date and Time settings: Time and date are wrong on my computer. How do I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-settings/0d2884b8-76df-4ef9-b077-a96fc406d36f
  6. Windows 10 setting date and time

Windows 10 setting date and time: Hello, I tried to reset date and time at 0.40 hours, but the choice is either 24 or 1 and there is NO 0 hour. Is this a feature or a bug? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-setting-date-and-time/00ea64c1-dc4a-4b3c-82fe-cbf7992031e5
  7. Windows Time and date settings

Windows Time and date settings: Hi everybody, I have an issue with clock settings. Clock and date are constantly changing and so far I was unsuccessful with all the fixing attempts. I tried automatic, and manual settings but at some point (randomly) clock and date move for about a month forward. When...
  8. Date and time setting

Date and time setting: Date and time /time zone setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-and-time-setting/1e34de3e-fa5c-46f2-ad03-034d759496dd
  9. date and time setting

date and time setting: I am always having to manually change the time on my computer, the date seems to stay but the time is right for a short time and then it changes on its own. I have set the setting for manually and auto, and each setting I am having the same issue. I also noticed Eastern...
  10. date and time set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    date and time set: since updating bios date an time does not update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/date-and-time-set/e2a8ffe3-14e9-46c5-bff0-b287e3b39c07