Windows 10: Administrator password

Discus and support Administrator password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't install apps on my Mac desk top without my administrator password which I have forgotten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnSwan1, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JohnSwan1 Win User

Administrator password

I can't install apps on my Mac desk top without my administrator password which I have forgotten

:)

JohnSwan1, Jan 1, 2019

2. administrator password

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. In this case I suggest you to try converting your account into administrator. Follow the steps below,

1. Search for Run on
      Windows search bar.
    2. Type netplwiz in the run window and click on OK.
    3. It would prompt you for password of admin account, put in the password.

If you have not set any password, just click on OK.
    4. Double click on the user account you want to change and go to
      Group Membership.
    5. Now select Administrator and click on
      Apply and OK.

To set up pay support for home users, please log on to
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus

Hope it helps

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 1, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Administrator password

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Administrator password

1. Administrator password - Similar Threads - Administrator password

2. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...: So I tried to log in to access my computer which is a Dell laptop, with Windows 10, and I didn't have access to the internet at the time, so it kept telling me my account was offline and I couldn't get past the log in screen.But instead of changing to my local account which...
  3. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...: So I tried to log in to access my computer which is a Dell laptop, with Windows 10, and I didn't have access to the internet at the time, so it kept telling me my account was offline and I couldn't get past the log in screen.But instead of changing to my local account which...
  4. I don't see my administration on the login screen after clicking the "forget your password"...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10: How can i make my account administrator again i cant download apps what do i need to fix this please help im using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5-log-in-administration-user/9eaeb013-6e87-4ecc-8e74-e67cc0e4c0e0
  6. Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10

Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10: How can i make my account administrator again i cant download apps what do i need to fix this please help im using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5-log-in-administration-user/9eaeb013-6e87-4ecc-8e74-e67cc0e4c0e0
  7. Access denied error 5.. log in administration user and password on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. how do i download a app if i dont know the administrator login or password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i download a app if i dont know the administrator login or password?: i want to download the BlueStacks app but i need a administrators login and password and i dont know what those are. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-a-app-if-i-dont-know-the/3d961d9d-183f-424c-874d-e511a4f7fd94
  9. how do i download a app if i dont know the administrator login or password?

how do i download a app if i dont know the administrator login or password?: i want to download the BlueStacks app but i need a administrators login and password and i dont know what those are. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-a-app-if-i-dont-know-the/3d961d9d-183f-424c-874d-e511a4f7fd94
  10. Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logging into Administrator Account w/o Password Windows 10: Hello!I'm currently trying to access an old account on a desktop computer currently on Windows 10 I haven't used in a few years since I got my current laptop. However, I am unable to remember the password for the profile - which happens to be the Administrator profile for the...