Windows 10: Administrator permission denied

Discus and support Administrator permission denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a laptop running Windows 10 with only one user (which is the administrator). Recently, I had to edit a file in System32 but once I tried to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ninja883, Mar 12, 2019.

1. ninja883 Win User

Administrator permission denied

I have a laptop running Windows 10 with only one user (which is the administrator). Recently, I had to edit a file in System32 but once I tried to save the edits, I was told that I didn't have the permission to save in this location and that I would have to contact the administrator to obtain permissions. I did try adding my username in the security tab and ensured that all permissions were checked. But that didn't do the trick. I know this is a frequently cited issue but none of the solutions worked for me. Can someone help?

:)

ninja883, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Permission denied

Hi,

The permission denied error normally appears if you are not using the admin account to run a specific program. To help us identify the appropriate solution to your concern, we'd like to ask for additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you running the program as administrator when the error appeared?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Can you please show us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Protorat Win User

Administrative Permissions Denied

I'm running Win 10 on an Asus gaming laptop. I am the only user and I am the administrator. When I try to open some files, logs etc I get the message " You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain
    permission." I have looked at the permission settings in Properties of some of these files and am unable to read, or change anything because I don't have permission. In User Accounts I am the only listed user/administrator. How do I re-set the permissions?

Protorat, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Administrator permission denied - Similar Threads - Administrator permission denied

2. Access denied despite administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied despite administrator permissions: Hi there,using this forum as a last resort because I'm at my wit's end.I have the Xbox Games app installed on my Windows 11 only updated a couple days ago machine and I don't seem to have any permissions on the game folders.If I go to "Accounts > Your info" it clearly shows...
  3. Access denied despite administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied despite administrator permissions: Hi there,using this forum as a last resort because I'm at my wit's end.I have the Xbox Games app installed on my Windows 11 only updated a couple days ago machine and I don't seem to have any permissions on the game folders.If I go to "Accounts > Your info" it clearly shows...
  4. Permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission denied: I am not able to use anything on my pc except the browser everytime I click on something it says permission denied and you don't specific path and u don't have app associated with it I am not able to use click on window search window button my computer only thing. Is working...
  5. Permission denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission denied: I am not able to use anything on my pc except the browser everytime I click on something it says permission denied and you don't specific path and u don't have app associated with it I am not able to use click on window search window button my computer only thing. Is working...
  6. Permission denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10: Administrative account getting permission denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10: Administrative account getting permission denied: I recently installed windows 10 on a new computer. Now the only account, Alex A Microsoft account, on this computer is an Administrative account. However I get permission denied errors for applications like Steam. In this case I would have to run Steam as an administrator to...
  8. Administrator permissions denied or cause freeze.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator permissions denied or cause freeze.: I am the owner of a HP slimline 411-000na PC and recently i was unable to preform almost any administrator or higher level functions. This includes me not being able to run things as administrator, open programs such as task manager or event viewer and even not being able to...
  9. Permissions denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions denied: I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad 130871
  10. Permissions denied

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Permissions denied: I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad 130871

Users found this page by searching for:

1. administrator permission denied

2. administrator permission denied windows 10

3. needs additional administrative permissions to proceed.