Windows 10: Administrator permission message to save file changes

Discus and support Administrator permission message to save file changes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I try to save a file change I get this message: You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KathyC_673, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Administrator permission message to save file changes

Every time I try to save a file change I get this message: You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission.

:)

KathyC_673, Jun 19, 2019

2. Administrator permission message to save file changes

Every time I try to save a file change I get this message: You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission.

KathyC_673, Jun 26, 2019
  3. cannot access file/or permissions

I have a file i need to run on Windows 7 Home Premium. I get the error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

So I right click and choose Properties to access the permissions but I cannot. In the Security tab I get a message saying, " You do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings.".

Next I boot into the Windows 7 Hidden Administrator Mode - and even with this I get all the same error messages.

Please help me as I really need to run This file.

John Phoenix, Jun 26, 2019
  4. KARELD94 Win User

Administrator permission message to save file changes

Administrator permission needed for saving online files

I tried to save files (PDF and .xls) in an existing folder on my computer after I downloaded Windows 10.

Before I used Windows 7 and everything saved without a problem, but now I get a message saying I need administrator permission to save in that folder.

I can save the files on the desktop, in the Downloads folder and some other folders and copy them afterwards. Then also I get asked to give administrator permission (for the copying), but then I can give one. As far as I know I am still the administrator
    on my computer.

How can I get those messages to disappear and to save files directly in the desired folder?

KARELD94, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Administrator permission message to save file changes

1. Administrator permission message to save file changes - Similar Threads - Administrator permission message

2. administrator permission to delete files/folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    administrator permission to delete files/folders: I have an Acer Predator laptop running Win 10. TI've had it for several years, and have manipulated files all over this machine with no issues. There is a folder on my desktop that I want to delete and suddenly I am apparently not allowed to do so. Windows is telling me that...
  3. "You don't have permission to save changes to this file"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You don't have permission to save changes to this file": I'm the only one using this desktop, with only one user account. I have tried almost everything, under properties I have ensured that all admin/users have full control. I have run sfc /scannow. But it's still not working... All I want to do is trim my videos :- please help...
  4. Permissions Issue when Saving Files Permissions are fine

Permissions Issue when Saving Files Permissions are fine: Good MorningI have a PC specific issue which is doing my head in! Was wondering if anyone is able to help.The symptoms:Saving any file to the local PC is fineSaving any file to a network share on multiple file servers brings up an error message: \\path to network shareYou...
  5. Administrator Permission Required to Move Files

Administrator Permission Required to Move Files: Hi, Previously I have moved files without a problem, but this morning I wanted to 'move' a file off my desktop into a particular folder and have been unable to do so. The message I kept getting was that 'Administrator' permission was required to move the file. The problem I...
  6. You do not have permission to save changes to this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have permission to save changes to this file: Hi, I have been using my widows 10 photos app to trim videos for the last month. Yesterday I tried to do the same and I got the error message "you do not have permission to save changes to this file" when I tried to save as a copy following the trim. How can I get this...
  7. Error Message "Access Denied. You need administrator permission to delete this file."

Error Message "Access Denied. You need administrator permission to delete this file.": I am using Windows 10. My user account gives me Administrator privileges. I am trying to delete an unwanted program from my PC all files and folders. I am currently unable to do this - the error message described above is generated. I right clicked on the program folder...
  8. Administrator permission needed to delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator permission needed to delete file: I am the administrator I am trying to delete a file, and it says I need administrator permission to delete the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-needed-to-delete-file/eefb5972-37ec-455e-9ed5-ee37c18ce6ba
  9. Message -- It looks like yon't have permission to save changes to this file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Message -- It looks like yon't have permission to save changes to this file: I get the message in this subject line when trying to trim a video using the photo app's Movies & TV. Mine is a HP laptop using Windows 10. The videos that I'm trying to trim were converted to mp4 from dvds using the VLC app. Home movies-- no copyright protections. I...
  10. Error message "it looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file"

Error message "it looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file": I subscribe to MS365 and use OneDrive so that I can create and save files across my laptop and desktop...I am the only user. I am getting the error while trying to edit and then save a JPG file that I created from a screenshot and saved to a local ONEDrive folder that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to save file in desktop without administrator permission

2. get permission to save changes to a file