Windows 10: Administrator Permission Required to Move Files

Discus and support Administrator Permission Required to Move Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Previously I have moved files without a problem, but this morning I wanted to 'move' a file off my desktop into a particular folder and have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlanFlint-29, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Administrator Permission Required to Move Files

Hi,

Previously I have moved files without a problem, but this morning I wanted to 'move' a file off my desktop into a particular folder and have been unable to do so. The message I kept getting was that 'Administrator' permission was required to move the file. The problem I have is that I am already shown as the 'Administrator' in my system settings.

I have tried every which way but without success. I don't want to mess things up, so I thought I better ask other members of the Community what I should do...

I am using the Windows 10 OS.

Any thoughts?

Regards

AlanF

:)

AlanFlint-29, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Administrator Permission Required to Move Files

1. Administrator Permission Required to Move Files - Similar Threads - Administrator Permission Required

2. Permissions to move/delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permissions to move/delete files: I am logged in as administrator on my computer, but when I need to move or delete folders/files it says I need administrator permission and does nothing. Also two other messages when I try to do something with a file/folder: 1 the item is no longer located in C: 2 the item is...
  3. How to delete file that require permission?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to delete file that require permission?: [ATTACH] I suspect this file to be a malware, can I do anything to delete this file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-file-that-require-permission/01f01c08-fe85-4235-99bb-ec77b0cabf0e
  4. You need administrator permission to move to this folder

You need administrator permission to move to this folder: Hello, Just a bit ago I was trying to move some stuff from a .zip file to a folder, but when I did so, a message box came up saying: You need Administrator permissions to move to this folder. And the two options are Try again or Cancel, if I click try again the same thing...
  5. Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user??

Requiring Administrator's permission but I'm the only user??: Recently the PC's been saying I need Administrator's permission before saving a file into certain folders I've already created. I'm the only user and don't recall setting up any security guidelines on this. I'm not the type to wander through the entrails of my PC checking...
  6. I can't open anything that required administrator permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't open anything that required administrator permission: When i try to open Advance System settings, a windows pop up said "Windows cannot find '%windir%\system32\systempropertiesadvanced.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again." The sound icon on my taskbar shown with red X but the sound still playing and can...
  7. Require SYSTEM permission to delete this file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require SYSTEM permission to delete this file: So I have having issues with Windows defender sucking up my RAM. I was attempting to remedy this issue but every time I go to try to do anything that requires administrator permission I get told that I need system permission to do it. I am logged in on an Administrator...
  8. Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission: Hi, I have read through all instructions on how to grant myself permission and I am still having problems. I have downloaded totalcommand, installed take ownership, alternative filemanager to delete files using a gui. I have followed these instructions but come to a problem...
  9. Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission: Hello, I try to completely delete a folder from C:\Program Files (x86), after I uninstalled the program it contained, but I get this message: "You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder" But I am the administrator, no? Thanks *Smile 12525
  10. require permission from Administrators

in Windows 10 Support
    require permission from Administrators: Hi, There's two file I want to copy. But I get this : "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file". I'm the administrator! So what can I do ? 61571