Windows 10: Administrator permission to delete a folder

Discus and support Administrator permission to delete a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Avira autorun blocker needs administrator permission to delete it, How to get this permission ? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nemchand Jain, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Administrator permission to delete a folder

Avira autorun blocker needs administrator permission to delete it, How to get this permission ? Thanks.

:)

Nemchand Jain, Sep 25, 2019

2. Unable to delete a particular folder. Error: "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."

Windows Edition 10 Version 1809, OS build 18272.1000

After installing the latest creators update I have the following issue. When using Explorer to delete a folder that is not empty I always get this issue: "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder." It doesn't matter
    if I just created it or not. I can remove the folder just fine using rmdir <folder> /s /q.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Using explorer create the folder c:\users\rob\a\b\c.
    2. Using explorer try to delete folder c:\users\rob\a.
      1. It fails with "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."
    3. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a\b\c -works just fine
    4. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a\b -works just fine
    5. Using explorer delete the folder c:\users\rob\a -works just fine.

This will also reproduce the issue

1. mkdir c:\users\rob\a
    2. mkdir c:\users\rob\a\b
    3. mkdir c:\users\rob\a\b\c
    4. Using explorer try to delete folder c:\users\rob\a.
      1. It fails with "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder."

This is a new behavior and is causing some build tools to fail.

Thanks,

Rob

***Title modified from Windows Explorer Permissions Isuse***

Rob.Kreger, Sep 26, 2019
  3. 0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Administrator permission to delete a folder :(

lyndonguitar, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Administrator permission to delete a folder

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Administrator permission to delete a folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Administrator permission to delete a folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Administrator permission to delete a folder

1. Administrator permission to delete a folder - Similar Threads - Administrator permission delete

2. administrator permission to delete files/folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator permission to delete files/folders: I have an Acer Predator laptop running Win 10. TI've had it for several years, and have manipulated files all over this machine with no issues. There is a folder on my desktop that I want to delete and suddenly I am apparently not allowed to do so. Windows is telling me that...
  3. administrator permission to delete files/folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator permission to delete files/folders: I have an Acer Predator laptop running Win 10. TI've had it for several years, and have manipulated files all over this machine with no issues. There is a folder on my desktop that I want to delete and suddenly I am apparently not allowed to do so. Windows is telling me that...
  4. administrator permission to delete files/folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folder as administrator. Requires permission from system.: I am trying to delete a folder on my computer, but am unable because I require permission from "system". I cannot delete it through powershell or the cmd, and cannot change the permissions on it "Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied." I am the system...
  6. Administrator permission needed to delete file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator permission needed to delete file: I am the administrator I am trying to delete a file, and it says I need administrator permission to delete the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permission-needed-to-delete-file/eefb5972-37ec-455e-9ed5-ee37c18ce6ba
  7. Permission to delete file and folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Permission to delete file and folder: [IMG]i want to delete an app from my laptop but it requires permission from system and administrator but I can't do it. Please tell me how to do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permission-to-delete-file-and-folder/3d51b993-bd01-4440-8d32-ac348254491d"
  8. How do I obtain administrative permission to delete folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I obtain administrative permission to delete folder: How do I obtain administrative permission to delete folder 61293
  9. Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission: Hi, I have read through all instructions on how to grant myself permission and I am still having problems. I have downloaded totalcommand, installed take ownership, alternative filemanager to delete files using a gui. I have followed these instructions but come to a problem...
  10. Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder - Windows requires Administrator permission: Hello, I try to completely delete a folder from C:\Program Files (x86), after I uninstalled the program it contained, but I get this message: "You require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder" But I am the administrator, no? Thanks *Smile 12525