Windows 10: Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts?

Discus and support Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm the only one who uses my PC with Windows 10. I noticed one day I had 3 user accounts. One named; "defaultuser0", one named; "Public", and one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikehuff1, Nov 13, 2018.

1. mikehuff1 Win User

Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts?

I'm the only one who uses my PC with Windows 10.
    I noticed one day I had 3 user accounts. One named; "defaultuser0", one named; "Public", and one named; "Mike"

I never set-up a 'Guest User' account so why did my computer show two accounts other than the one named "Mike" that I created?

I have recently been getting a prompt saying "I don't have administrator privileges, access is denied."
    When inspecting the user accounts I noticed each of the security permissions were different so I changed them to all match thinking that might help my 'Administrator Privlages Issue" (I was wrong).
    At that point I noticed my PC acting 'buggy' so I ended up deleting each of the two accounts without my name on them.
    I hope the one with my name is the Administrator account. Do I need the other two accounts I deleted for my PC to act right?
    Can anyone tell me how to regain full administrator privileges on my PC and how to return all folder's permissions back to default settings?
    My main bug-issue is the windows 10 brightness feature is no longer working and other windows features like weather stopped working. Any Help is Appreciated. Thank in advance.

:)

mikehuff1, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    No permission on Administrator user account

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create an Administrator account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts?

No permission on Administrator user account

Hi Arjun,

Thank you very much for your answer?

It wont seem to accept "run" as a valid word?

I clicked on Command Prompt - changed to c:\

Couldn't find Run as Administrator either.

HI Arjun,

Eventually tried the command (admin) and it took me to the Admin User login screen.

"Newusername

It says BRIAN-HP/Newusername

Password"

I have no idea how to rename this Admin Account or create a password for it.

Brian

John Brian Kemp, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts?

1. Administrator Permissions and Two Unknown User Accounts? - Similar Threads - Administrator Permissions Unknown

2. Account Unknown Under File Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions: Recently, in troubleshooting another issue, the support tech created a new local admin user "TEST" on my machine. I don't believe any file permissions were manually assigned. That did not address the problem, and they deleted the user. When I go to a file or directory and do...
  3. Account Unknown Under File Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions: Recently, in troubleshooting another issue, the support tech created a new local admin user "TEST" on my machine. I don't believe any file permissions were manually assigned. That did not address the problem, and they deleted the user. When I go to a file or directory and do...
  4. User account permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account permission: I was just on with Adobe customer support for over 6 hours to troubleshoot why an Adobe Photomerge feature does not work on my machine. While they made me update everything in Windows and my video driver, nothing helped. Finally, the customer service person asked if they...
  5. Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why need an User of "Administrator" group Administration permission?: Assume I work as user "peter". This User is member of Group Administrator. Now I want to edit and SAVE a simple text file in folder C:\Program Files (X86)\someprogramm\ When I try to save it on the original place (=overwrite the existing one) the Win10 tells me something...
  6. Administrators permissions for my account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrators permissions for my account: I accidentally deleted the administrator permission from my account. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrators-permissions-for-my-account/554a7afa-3b95-4e02-974e-09dc16aaa549"
  7. User account permissions...

User account permissions...: Purchased a new PC - ran the initial setup routines and set myself as (sole) user. Also set with NO password/local account... However, when I right-click-run-as-administrator an exe file or shortcut to run a programme I always recieve a pop-up asking if I want to make...
  8. Unknown User Account

Unknown User Account: Hi, I want to get rid of an Unknown User Account and I don't know how to do it safely. The standard method doesn't apply because I can't see my Unknown User Account in Control Panel --> User Accounts. Matter of fact no matter where I look C:\Users, usrmgr.msc, netplwiz,...
  9. Unknown User Account

Unknown User Account: Hi I recently carried out a fresh windows 10 install, however when I boot up my laptop, two User Accounts appear, one is my own and the other has an ID of "KCUBMA5". If I try to log in to this account, it requires a password. I never created this account and when I try...
  10. User Account / Administrator

User Account / Administrator: well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and...