Windows 10: Administrator permissions denied or cause freeze.

Discus and support Administrator permissions denied or cause freeze. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am the owner of a HP slimline 411-000na PC and recently i was unable to preform almost any administrator or higher level functions. This includes me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Maciekpietrzak, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Administrator permissions denied or cause freeze.

I am the owner of a HP slimline 411-000na PC and recently i was unable to preform almost any administrator or higher level functions.

This includes me not being able to run things as administrator, open programs such as task manager or event viewer and even not being able to reset my PC!

This has been going on for just under a week.

Usually when i try to run such program, the window freezes for a minute, not being able to minimise, close etc... Depending on what i try to run, i either get an error message or it just stops and pretends like nothing happened.

I am not sure as to why this is happening but i have no clue on what to do. This thing also prevents me from running or turning on windows security, being able to run most installers or programs, and I also cannot change security setting in properties. I'm not sure if what i have is just a bad glitch/bug, something i broke somehow or is it some form of malware? Any support provided will be greatly appreciated! :

Once of these error messages i get is this:

Administrator permissions denied or cause freeze. c74fcbf7-f2d8-4bcb-8203-067a7a55e7db?upload=true.png

:)

Maciekpietrzak, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Permission denied

Hi,

The permission denied error normally appears if you are not using the admin account to run a specific program. To help us identify the appropriate solution to your concern, we'd like to ask for additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you running the program as administrator when the error appeared?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Can you please show us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Administrator permissions denied or cause freeze.

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Administrator permissions denied or cause freeze.

1. Administrator permissions denied or cause freeze. - Similar Threads - Administrator permissions denied

2. Access denied despite administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied despite administrator permissions: Hi there,using this forum as a last resort because I'm at my wit's end.I have the Xbox Games app installed on my Windows 11 only updated a couple days ago machine and I don't seem to have any permissions on the game folders.If I go to "Accounts > Your info" it clearly shows...
  3. Access denied despite administrator permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied despite administrator permissions: Hi there,using this forum as a last resort because I'm at my wit's end.I have the Xbox Games app installed on my Windows 11 only updated a couple days ago machine and I don't seem to have any permissions on the game folders.If I go to "Accounts > Your info" it clearly shows...
  4. Permission denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission denied: I am not able to use anything on my pc except the browser everytime I click on something it says permission denied and you don't specific path and u don't have app associated with it I am not able to use click on window search window button my computer only thing. Is working...
  5. Permission denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission denied: I am not able to use anything on my pc except the browser everytime I click on something it says permission denied and you don't specific path and u don't have app associated with it I am not able to use click on window search window button my computer only thing. Is working...
  6. Permission denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10: Administrative account getting permission denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10: Administrative account getting permission denied: I recently installed windows 10 on a new computer. Now the only account, Alex A Microsoft account, on this computer is an Administrative account. However I get permission denied errors for applications like Steam. In this case I would have to run Steam as an administrator to...
  8. Permissions denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions denied: I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad 130871
  9. Permissions denied

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Permissions denied: I reinstalled win 10 and since then I am not allowed to open folders. Each time I have to release access by opening Properties, etc. I am the administrator and I want to have full access to EVERYTHING. How should I proceed, please?*Mad 130871
  10. Administrator permission denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator permission denied: I have a laptop running Windows 10 with only one user (which is the administrator). Recently, I had to edit a file in System32 but once I tried to save the edits, I was told that I didn't have the permission to save in this location and that I would have to contact the...