Windows 10: Administrator permissions for removing apps

Discus and support Administrator permissions for removing apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am an administrator but do not have permission to remove apps. How do I change my account?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GlennSprague, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Administrator permissions for removing apps

I am an administrator but do not have permission to remove apps.

How do I change my account?

:)

GlennSprague, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Administrator permissions for removing apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Administrator permissions for removing apps

xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Administrator permissions for removing apps

1. Administrator permissions for removing apps - Similar Threads - Administrator permissions removing

2. How to remove run as administrator permission from apps in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove run as administrator permission from apps in windows 11?: I just need to remove the administrator permissions from my apps because I was told that what could be causing issues to my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-run-as-administrator-permission-from/a33befd1-e128-4b28-92bd-783715a800da
  3. How to remove run as administrator permission from apps in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove run as administrator permission from apps in windows 11?: I just need to remove the administrator permissions from my apps because I was told that what could be causing issues to my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-run-as-administrator-permission-from/a33befd1-e128-4b28-92bd-783715a800da
  4. Completely Remove Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely Remove Administrator Permissions: Hello all. I recently encountered a frustrating problem when trying to save a Word document to a folder.When I was told that I needed administrator permissions, I went down the online rabbit hole trying to find a way to get rid of them altogether but got nowhere. There were a...
  5. Completely Remove Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely Remove Administrator Permissions: Hello all. I recently encountered a frustrating problem when trying to save a Word document to a folder.When I was told that I needed administrator permissions, I went down the online rabbit hole trying to find a way to get rid of them altogether but got nowhere. There were a...
  6. Completely Remove Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Removing Administrator Permissions from desktop

Removing Administrator Permissions from desktop: I am unable to download anything directly on the desktop. Whenever I try to rename or delete any file from the desktop, it shows Destination folder access denied Attached is its screenshot. I think there is some kind of administrator lock on the desktop. Please help!!!...
  8. Removing the trusted app permissions

Removing the trusted app permissions: I was installing virtual box and while installing, there came a pop up asking a yes or no question. A checkbox was ticked saying "Always allow oracle corporation to install app" something like that, I am unable to recall it. The problem is I actually allowed it and I want...
  9. Administrator Permission...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Permission...: Why do I need administrator permission if I'm the administrator? Tried to move some files and I needed to get administrator permission. Is there a way to make it so this no longer pops up? It's annoying and senseless. I've searched the internet and there is not info about...
  10. Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Permissions: I own HP PROBBOK 440 G4 running windows 10. My issue is that sometimes while deleting any folder from my (generally video folders) it says you need to need to provide administrator permission to delete this folder and when i press continue new dialog box pop up says you...