Windows 10: administrator/pin problem

Discus and support administrator/pin problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The story starts a few days ago when I received an update and I could not click yes because I did not have and admin username and password. I cant even... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ZanTrout, Nov 11, 2019.

1. ZanTrout Win User

administrator/pin problem

The story starts a few days ago when I received an update and I could not click yes because I did not have and admin username and password. I cant even find where to put the admin username and password in so I ignored it. so now im trying to fix it and its infuriating me so I decide to re add an account that I removed because it may be the admin account that I need back.....BUT when I add the account I need the pin....I don't know the pin for that account, I cant get the option to get the pin for that account so I am stuck between a rock and a hard place because the damn pin wont let me get the pin for the account I want to add and I cant use any admin tools to do so......

:)

ZanTrout, Nov 11, 2019
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Thanks Josey Wales,

I can pin and unpin People contacts to the taskbar without problems, but these contacts will still show up on the "Pin suggested" list. It's this list I want to clear, because some contacts or double and some are dummy contacts. It's not that big of a deal, but it's rather annoying to have them suggested to me.

JayPhi, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Nov 11, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

1. administrator/pin problem - Similar Threads - administrator pin problem

2. It is asking for Administrative PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is asking for Administrative PIN: I went into the Find Location button and I turn on the location button and thinking that the locked button in this button was to lock my location, not lock me out of my computer. It is asking for the administrative pin which I am the administrator, because it is my personal...
  3. It is asking for Administrative PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It is asking for Administrative PIN: I went into the Find Location button and I turn on the location button and thinking that the locked button in this button was to lock my location, not lock me out of my computer. It is asking for the administrative pin which I am the administrator, because it is my personal...
  4. Administrator Requires PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator Requires PIN: When I log onto my personal laptop, ever since I bought it, there has been this notice that my administrator requires a PIN. I have to change it every so often, and it is annoying. This is my personal laptop, purchased by me for personal use, and there should not be any...
  5. Administrator Requires PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Requires PIN: When I log onto my personal laptop, ever since I bought it, there has been this notice that my administrator requires a PIN. I have to change it every so often, and it is annoying. This is my personal laptop, purchased by me for personal use, and there should not be any...
  6. Administrator Requires PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Pin and password for administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin and password for administrator: Have no ideal how to reset my pin and password formy hp stream https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-and-password-for-administrator/d3a83a38-7a9b-43b3-9379-d36d69e601b3
  8. Administrator Pin

Administrator Pin: When attempting to update am app I get request to enter administrator pin. However, the pin stopped working. But to change the pin requires a code that is sent to a email which I don't have acess. What should I do? <Movido do fórum pt-br>...
  9. Problem with administrator pin #

Problem with administrator pin #: I have a laptop that was set up by my wife in 2017 prior to her death. I have been using this PC since this time without issues until recently. When attempting to update itunes I get request to enter administrator pin. I have been using the pin from the beginning....
  10. Administrator problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator problem: Hello! I got an administrator problem right now with windows 10. Every time I tried to install a program the pop up user account control window wouldn't have a "Yes" click button on it. And the worst part is it say I need an admin username and password for it which is so...