Windows 10: Administrator Pin

Discus and support Administrator Pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When attempting to update am app I get request to enter administrator pin. However, the pin stopped working. But to change the pin requires a code that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by masonalex2121, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Administrator Pin

When attempting to update am app I get request to enter administrator pin. However, the pin stopped working. But to change the pin requires a code that is sent to a email which I don't have acess. What should I do?

<Movido do fórum pt-br>

:)

masonalex2121, Nov 13, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Nov 13, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Administrator Pin

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Administrator Pin

1. Administrator Pin - Similar Threads - Administrator Pin

2. It is asking for Administrative PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It is asking for Administrative PIN: I went into the Find Location button and I turn on the location button and thinking that the locked button in this button was to lock my location, not lock me out of my computer. It is asking for the administrative pin which I am the administrator, because it is my personal...
  3. It is asking for Administrative PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It is asking for Administrative PIN: I went into the Find Location button and I turn on the location button and thinking that the locked button in this button was to lock my location, not lock me out of my computer. It is asking for the administrative pin which I am the administrator, because it is my personal...
  4. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac
  5. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-security-pin-for-my-laptop-is-right-but-it-says/85a50963-8270-420f-bd71-33a5baf5ecac
  6. My security pin for my laptop is right. But it says my device is locked by an administrator

7. How do I over ride administration pin an password so that I can download my program

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I over ride administration pin an password so that I can download my program: So I bought a MSI laptop and it had a two different login screen names one was for a user and the other one was administrative I have the PIN code to the one user that sold me the laptop so that I can get into the computer but when I go to download anything it won't let me...
  8. How do I over ride administration pin an password so that I can download my program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I over ride administration pin an password so that I can download my program: So I bought a MSI laptop and it had a two different login screen names one was for a user and the other one was administrative I have the PIN code to the one user that sold me the laptop so that I can get into the computer but when I go to download anything it won't let me...
  9. How do I over ride administration pin an password so that I can download my program

10. PIN no longer available and also no administrator password to fix. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN no longer available and also no administrator password to fix. What should i do?: I’m experiencing an error, it says “Something happened and your PIN is no longer avaliable” I tried to fix this in safe mode however it requires my password even resetting my laptop requires the password as well. The problem is that i tired all the passwords i would ever use...