Windows 10: Administrator privileges not working even with the admin account.

Discus and support Administrator privileges not working even with the admin account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi people, My PC has suddenly refused me access to the right to edit or delete any photos in the main system folders (documents, desktop, photos,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kaiux07, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Kaiux07 Win User

Administrator privileges not working even with the admin account.

Hi people,

My PC has suddenly refused me access to the right to edit or delete any photos in the main system folders (documents, desktop, photos, etc.) and I have tried changing the account permissions but they are already on administrator. There is a pop-up that will appear every time I try to do something stating I need permission from my own account to perform this action but when I click on yes it says that I still need permission and retry. I am able to do other admin tasks other than this one and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Kaiux07, Jul 20, 2019
  2. ad5md Win User

Need help with Admin privileges

That's what puzzles me, I am logged-in as (my username) but still won't give me admin privileges. I checked under control panel/users amd it shows me as a local account. Tried to right click on CMD prompt but the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" doesn't show up

ad5md, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 PC not recognizing administrator privileges.

Hi Jade,

Damages within the components of your user profile can be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using its administrator privileges. To troubleshoot this concern, we suggest creating a new admin user profile. To be able to create
    a new administrator user profile, you would need to enable the built-in administrator in your Windows 10 device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Using Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out the user profile you are currently using, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.
    • Using the built-in administrator account, create a new admin user profile.
    • Check if the same issue persists.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no and then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Jul 20, 2019
  4. cjayed Win User

Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts in the settings and saw that the Microsoft Account was listed as an Administrator. I always thought the main user should only have standard privs for security purposes. Thoughts? Should I create a new admin account and try and change the MSA to a standard account?

cjayed, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Administrator privileges not working even with the admin account. - Similar Threads - Administrator privileges working

2. account administrator privileges?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account administrator privileges?: Before installing a new motherboard and upgrading to windows 11 I was co administrator of a pc account. Not now. How can I recover .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-administrator-privileges/ed399470-405d-4a34-868e-dcfd2975e0f3
  3. account administrator privileges?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account administrator privileges?: Before installing a new motherboard and upgrading to windows 11 I was co administrator of a pc account. Not now. How can I recover .... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-administrator-privileges/ed399470-405d-4a34-868e-dcfd2975e0f3
  4. How to enable administrator account without admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable administrator account without admin privileges: Hi, I changed my administrator account password and removed my standard user account from administrators group. However I didn't know that administrator account was disabled and now I have no admin privileges. When I try to open something as admin, the UAC shows but there is...
  5. How to enable administrator account without admin privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable administrator account without admin privileges: Hi, I changed my administrator account password and removed my standard user account from administrators group. However I didn't know that administrator account was disabled and now I have no admin privileges. When I try to open something as admin, the UAC shows but there is...
  6. How to enable administrator account without admin privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't get all of the Admin privileges even though my account is the Admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't get all of the Admin privileges even though my account is the Admin: Hello, I've been searching all around this forum but so far I couldn't stumble upon any proper solution that I need. My problem is the title: The account I am using is an Admin but each time I am trying to install or uninstall anything UAC disturbs me with another...
  8. Administrator privileges not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrator privileges not working: I've posted about this before, but I didn't get any response, and I still haven't found a fix to my problem. In short, my microsoft account got corrupted or something and I couldn't log in, and I moved all files from that account over to a new account I made. However,...
  9. Admin account with reduced privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin account with reduced privileges: Hi, Is it possible to have an admin account where the admin cannot remove another admin and cannot add or remove accounts? This is for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-account-with-reduced-privileges/122f7149-67b6-44b7-bd98-3fc7c126fa88
  10. Administrative account with no administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrative account with no administrative privileges: Lead up I have been working on an issue where a user cannot open attachments from Outlook in Word. This problem is caused by Word not being able to access the Fonts folder, I need to change the privileges, no clue how it keeps getting changed. Problem I cannot change the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete folder contant cmd access refused even with admin

2. administrator privileges doesnt work

3. administrator privileges not working

4. no admin privilage on right click