Windows 10: Administrator privileges not working even with the admin account.

Discus and support Administrator privileges not working even with the admin account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi people, My PC has suddenly refused me access to the right to edit or delete any photos in the main system folders (documents, desktop, photos,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kaiux07, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Kaiux07 Win User

Administrator privileges not working even with the admin account.

Hi people,

My PC has suddenly refused me access to the right to edit or delete any photos in the main system folders (documents, desktop, photos, etc.) and I have tried changing the account permissions but they are already on administrator. There is a pop-up that will appear every time I try to do something stating I need permission from my own account to perform this action but when I click on yes it says that I still need permission and retry. I am able to do other admin tasks other than this one and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Kaiux07, Jul 20, 2019
  2. ad5md Win User

Need help with Admin privileges

That's what puzzles me, I am logged-in as (my username) but still won't give me admin privileges. I checked under control panel/users amd it shows me as a local account. Tried to right click on CMD prompt but the "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" doesn't show up

ad5md, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 PC not recognizing administrator privileges.

Hi Jade,

Damages within the components of your user profile can be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using its administrator privileges. To troubleshoot this concern, we suggest creating a new admin user profile. To be able to create
    a new administrator user profile, you would need to enable the built-in administrator in your Windows 10 device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Using Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out the user profile you are currently using, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.
    • Using the built-in administrator account, create a new admin user profile.
    • Check if the same issue persists.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no and then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Jul 20, 2019
  4. cjayed Win User

Should my Microsoft Account have administrator privileges?

I just finished reinstalling Windows 10 (Creator version) and decided to have the installation process create a Microsoft Account instead of bypassing that step like I have on other laptops in the past and creating a local account later. After the install I went to Accounts in the settings and saw that the Microsoft Account was listed as an Administrator. I always thought the main user should only have standard privs for security purposes. Thoughts? Should I create a new admin account and try and change the MSA to a standard account?

cjayed, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Administrator privileges not working even with the admin account. - Similar Threads - Administrator privileges working

2. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    admin privileges: Hi, Even since I bought my PC, I noticed that whenever I needed to make a change in setting I received a message saying I was not the administrator. In order to run CDM to try to make a change, it tell me that the operation requires elevation (run as administrator) Why is...
  3. Administrative account with no administrative privileges

Administrative account with no administrative privileges: Lead up I have been working on an issue where a user cannot open attachments from Outlook in Word. This problem is caused by Word not being able to access the Fonts folder, I need to change the privileges, no clue how it keeps getting changed. Problem I cannot change the...
  4. Administrator with no privileges?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator with no privileges?: I have an administrator account on windows 10 desktop. I have a program (MySQL workbench) that was installed, uninstalled, and some months later reinstalled because after all I do want to use it. The program according to MySQL forum did not uninstall some of the old files -...
  5. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator privileges: I need help with changing the administrator on an HP Pavilion desktop. While setting the PC I gave it a name/gmail address without having the actual gmail-email configured. Presently this is causing a host of problems: I am unable to download apps or access the Admin name...
  6. administrative privileges

administrative privileges: Running Windows 10 with latest updates and am attempting to execute "netsh wlan show wlanreport" from comand prompt. I go to start menu, select command prompt, right click it, and select "run as administrator". From the resulting command prompt, I can execute various NETSH...
  7. Multiple admin accounts privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple admin accounts privileges: Hi, Can i have 2 admin accounts in windows 10 and win server 2016 where i can develop the following scenario 1. The admins cannot change the password of each other's. 2. The admins can only view their own folders? Is their a doc illustrating this? Thanks....
  8. administrator privileges...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...
  9. Administrative privileges?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrative privileges?: I recently down loaded a game to my lap top and when I click the icon it gives me a "Please login with administrative privileges and try again" message. I am the only user on this computer and have administrative privileges. Any ideas as to what I need to do to resolve the...
  10. No Admin privileges.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Admin privileges.: I purchased a new Alienware computer 2 weeks ago and a couple days ago I noticed I couldn't access my Pictures folder. I also noticed I couldn't do any Admin tasks. I can't open task manager, Open any exe. files and when I right click on C drive I get Access is denied. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no admin privilage on right click