Windows 10: Administrator Privileges on your own pc?

Discus and support Administrator Privileges on your own pc? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I click on Users, it tells me I need administrator privileges. I thought I was the administrator. How do I fix this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dcostellocmi, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Administrator Privileges on your own pc?

When I click on Users, it tells me I need administrator privileges. I thought I was the administrator. How do I fix this?

:)

Dcostellocmi, Feb 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 PC not recognizing administrator privileges.

Hi Jade,

Damages within the components of your user profile can be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using its administrator privileges. To troubleshoot this concern, we suggest creating a new admin user profile. To be able to create
    a new administrator user profile, you would need to enable the built-in administrator in your Windows 10 device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Using Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out the user profile you are currently using, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.
    • Using the built-in administrator account, create a new admin user profile.
    • Check if the same issue persists.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no and then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Administrator Privileges on your own pc?

Never prompted to elevate privilege as administrator

OK, I tried Dinesh's tutorial. First, here's a list of accounts for my machine:

Administrator Privileges on your own pc? [​IMG]

I held down Shift and rebooted, and got the WinRE splash screen. I was prompted to log in, with "Dan" my only option:

If I clicked on "Don't see your account", I got this:

Is it suggesting that "Dan" is an administrator account? Oh, that it were so... I went back, selected the "Dan" account, and it booted into command prompt. I then attempted the first of Dinesh's instructions:

Hello darkness, my old friend... "Access Denied."

Dan

shortmort37, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Administrator Privileges on your own pc?

1. Administrator Privileges on your own pc? - Similar Threads - Administrator Privileges own

2. Why don't I have administration privileges on my own PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why don't I have administration privileges on my own PC?: Okay, I went through the Microsoft support ****. Which I should not have to in the first place. And anyone who says differently just don't even bother replying to this message. I saw some so-called Microsoft advisors doing that **** in my research.Okay, real simple. I have a...
  3. Why don't I have administration privileges on my own PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why don't I have administration privileges on my own PC?: Okay, I went through the Microsoft support ****. Which I should not have to in the first place. And anyone who says differently just don't even bother replying to this message. I saw some so-called Microsoft advisors doing that **** in my research.Okay, real simple. I have a...
  4. Administrator Privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Privileges: How can I get administrator privileges for my Microsoft account on my PC? I went to setting - accounts - and there is no "Family/User Options" to click on to put my microsoft user name as an administrator. I need to download apps and the PC is blocking me on some of them...
  5. administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    administrator privileges: when I try to play a game I get a pop up that says administrator privileges denied how do I fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privileges/a834187a-1f8b-4fbe-8c69-1c8f0a33bc41
  6. Administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator privileges: I am administrator on my computer. Why do I need permission from trustedinstaller, system or any other number of groups on my computer to modify, delete or otherwise make changes to my computer?...
  7. Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't have administrator privileges on my own computer...: No questions; just wanted to hop on here and tell you all that you suck for making an OS so convoluted that so-called 'administrators' cannot even access their own 'services' feature to do simple things like cancel a print job that takes 20 effing minutes to cancel...
  8. Administrator with no privileges?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator with no privileges?: I have an administrator account on windows 10 desktop. I have a program (MySQL workbench) that was installed, uninstalled, and some months later reinstalled because after all I do want to use it. The program according to MySQL forum did not uninstall some of the old files -...
  9. administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    administrative privileges: Running Windows 10 with latest updates and am attempting to execute "netsh wlan show wlanreport" from comand prompt. I go to start menu, select command prompt, right click it, and select "run as administrator". From the resulting command prompt, I can execute various NETSH...
  10. administrator privileges...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator privileges...: I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have...