Windows 10: Administrator privileges

Discus and support Administrator privileges in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need help with changing the administrator on an HP Pavilion desktop. While setting the PC I gave it a name/gmail address without having the actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesWoodland, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Administrator privileges

I need help with changing the administrator on an HP Pavilion desktop. While setting the PC I gave it a name/gmail address without having the actual gmail-email configured.

Presently this is causing a host of problems: I am unable to download apps or access the Admin name to change without a Pin#. It was never created.

I have Googled many solutions but I am unable to get in w/o the Pin#.

Is there a way whereas I can "bully" the Windows s/w or do I need to reset the PC and begin again and do it correctly as well as sensibly.

Doc Woodland

:)

JamesWoodland, Oct 21, 2018

2. Dell Touchpad uninstall administrator privileges

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to uninstall drivers from Device Manager as it prompts saying log-in with administrator privileges, we will help you to resolve this issue.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps to enable:

Step 1: I would suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Administrator privileges

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

Step 1: If this issue is confined to all the files and folders in your computer then,

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Step 2: If the issue is confined to particular folder or file then follow the below steps.

Use the following procedure to fix this as long as you don't reboot your machine:

• Sign-in as an administrator on your computer.

• Navigate to the folder where you're having the problem. Right-click and select
      Properties from the pop-up menu.

• Under Properties | Security tab, click the
      Advanced button, then click "Change" owner on the
      Advanced Security Settings dialog (if you are already the owner, do this step anyway!), and in the resulting dialog enter whatever you want the owner to be

• Now a new check-box appears labeled "Replace owner on sub-containers and objects"; check it.

• Also check the box at the bottom "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."

• Make sure under the Permission entries grid that your current account has Full control (if not Edit or Add your account to be listed with foll control). Finally hit
      Apply. This may take a while.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 21, 2018
  4. Administrator privileges

Windows 10 PC not recognizing administrator privileges.

Hi Jade,

Damages within the components of your user profile can be one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with using its administrator privileges. To troubleshoot this concern, we suggest creating a new admin user profile. To be able to create
    a new administrator user profile, you would need to enable the built-in administrator in your Windows 10 device.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• Using Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes and then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out the user profile you are currently using, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.
    • Using the built-in administrator account, create a new admin user profile.
    • Check if the same issue persists.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command
    net user administrator /active:no and then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Update us with the results.

Darleen Pen, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Administrator privileges

1. Administrator privileges - Similar Threads - Administrator privileges

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges": I recently bought a Canon camera recently. However, I cannot download Digital Photo Professional 4, this is my very first time to download this program to my laptop and I always end up with the message "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires...
  5. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

"Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges": I recently bought a Canon camera recently. However, I cannot download Digital Photo Professional 4, this is my very first time to download this program to my laptop and I always end up with the message "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires...
  6. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how do I get administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get administrative privileges: How is I get administrative privileges. I am trying to dowloand a driver from my scanner and it is coming up with an error message that I do not have permission to....
  8. how do I get administrative privileges

how do I get administrative privileges: How is I get administrative privileges. I am trying to dowloand a driver from my scanner and it is coming up with an error message that I do not have permission to....
  9. how do I get administrative privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges

Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges: Dear Microsoft Team,I have a windows 11 laptop. When I am logged with a non-admin user, I cannot clear logs. Is there a possibility to permit this non-admin user to clear logs in Event Viewer?Regards....