Windows 10: administrator privileges...

Discus and support administrator privileges... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Florio, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Florio Win User

administrator privileges...

I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have to run these programs as administrator -- even though I have always been the administrator and no one else uses my PC.
    Is there a simple way to get all my programs to just open and do their job without having to specify that they be run with administrator privileges?*Confused

:)

Florio, Apr 9, 2016

2. administrator privileges

The game is The Settlers Heritage Of Kings/settlers 5 (CD-Disk), it worked on windows 7-8 but ever since Windows 10, the game won't even load or it will ask me to "log in with administrator privileges and try again" windows features are turned on.

MitchellHarkins, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Administrator privileges.

Hi,

For us to provide the best solution to your concern, we'd like to ask additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you trying to delete the folder stored on your laptop?
    • Is your friend getting any error messages when trying to delete the said folder? If yes, we'd like to ask a screenshot of the error message.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Apr 9, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Florio Win User
    Hi there Brink,

At the moment, the settings are on 'never notify me', but I still have to open the programs I mentioned earlier with administrator privileges. *Confused

Florio, Apr 9, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    As a test, set your UAC settings to the default setting, and see how the programs behave afterwards.

Brink, Apr 9, 2016
  7. Florio Win User
    No difference I'm afraid. The problem could be related directly to the progams themselves. I have managed to get Finale to open by setting it to open ALWAYS as administrator, but Alzip always wants to extract files to Z: drive, which doesn't exist! If I open the program as the adminstrator, it automatically extracts to C:. *Sad

Florio, Apr 9, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you like, the free program 7-Zip is much better IMO.

Brink, Apr 9, 2016
  9. Florio Win User
    Thanks Brink. I actually have 7-Zip on my PC as well, but I've always liked Alzip, and it's always worked without problems in the past *Wink

Florio, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. administrator privileges... - Similar Threads - administrator privileges

2. Very Limited Administration Privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Limited Administration Privileges: I will go right to the point: How come I, the sole owner and administrator of my laptop, cannot erase a simple pdf file I have created myself, even imedeately after I do so? Note: Due to an Hard Drive malfunction I had my whole system reinstalled, so new instance of...
  3. Administrator privilege setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator privilege setting: Windows 10 Home, I am the administrator in trying to delete a folder/file the message "requires administrator privilege" What is necessary: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-privilege-setting/dd20c099-61e6-44dd-858a-39c729c22e34"
  4. lost all my administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost all my administrative privileges: i had logged into my windows 10 with my microsoft account.then it became nearly impossible to remove this account from my pc so that i set up a local account now.since that day all the yes button are grayed out .i cant change my account typt, nothing .i have done everything...
  5. Windows Security/Administrative Privileges

Windows Security/Administrative Privileges: Hi, I just graduated and as a present my brother gave me his old laptop from 2018, running Windows 10. However, after a few weeks of using it, I noticed that when I searched, or even just typed, 'sensitive' keywords, the program I was using would shut down and a...
  6. Removed myself from Administrative privileges and now I can't get it back (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removed myself from Administrative privileges and now I can't get it back (Windows 10): Hi, I have recently restored my Surface Book and everything seems to be working fine until I accidentally removed my user account as an administrator account through the local group policy editor. It is now a standard user and the issue is it is the only account present in...
  7. Domain user has administrator privilege in local PC suddenly

Domain user has administrator privilege in local PC suddenly: Hi Guys, I found that in my domain, Domain user has administrator privilege in local PC suddenly . I haven't set the the GPO and navigate to Computer Configuration -> Policies -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Restricted Group, which of records is empty. I...
  8. How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i get rid of administrator privileges for a program.: I gave a program administrator privileges, but I don't want the program to have administrator anymore, this program needs admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-administrator-privileges-for-a/4204e059-414d-423c-a155-fd0e22eb3a7d"
  9. The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The account logon does not have the required administrative privileges to install the...: Checked community posts to solve this problem and advice generally advises to perform operations not available in my verions, like turning on or off user admin or typing into cmd promoter "User...."...
  10. Windows 10 || Burn a Bootable DVD without Administrative Privilege

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 || Burn a Bootable DVD without Administrative Privilege: I'm having a small concern. On a Windows 10 device, it requires Administrative privilege to run the MCT but i read on the Microsoft Site that: "If you want to use the Windows Disk Image Burner to create an installation DVD, go to the location where the ISO file is saved....