Windows 10: administrator privileges...

Discus and support administrator privileges... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Florio, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Florio Win User

administrator privileges...

I have recently had problems getting certain programs to work properly (Alzip, Finale 2012 and others), and I've discovered that somewhere along the line, presumably after the last big Windows 10 upgrade, my permissions must have changed. The result of this is that I now have to run these programs as administrator -- even though I have always been the administrator and no one else uses my PC.
    Is there a simple way to get all my programs to just open and do their job without having to specify that they be run with administrator privileges?*Confused

:)

Florio, Apr 9, 2016

2. administrator privileges

The game is The Settlers Heritage Of Kings/settlers 5 (CD-Disk), it worked on windows 7-8 but ever since Windows 10, the game won't even load or it will ask me to "log in with administrator privileges and try again" windows features are turned on.

MitchellHarkins, Apr 9, 2016
  3. Administrator privileges.

Hi,

For us to provide the best solution to your concern, we'd like to ask additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you trying to delete the folder stored on your laptop?
    • Is your friend getting any error messages when trying to delete the said folder? If yes, we'd like to ask a screenshot of the error message.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Apr 9, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Florio Win User
    Hi there Brink,

At the moment, the settings are on 'never notify me', but I still have to open the programs I mentioned earlier with administrator privileges. *Confused

Florio, Apr 9, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    As a test, set your UAC settings to the default setting, and see how the programs behave afterwards.

Brink, Apr 9, 2016
  7. Florio Win User
    No difference I'm afraid. The problem could be related directly to the progams themselves. I have managed to get Finale to open by setting it to open ALWAYS as administrator, but Alzip always wants to extract files to Z: drive, which doesn't exist! If I open the program as the adminstrator, it automatically extracts to C:. *Sad

Florio, Apr 9, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

If you like, the free program 7-Zip is much better IMO.

Brink, Apr 9, 2016
  9. Florio Win User
    Thanks Brink. I actually have 7-Zip on my PC as well, but I've always liked Alzip, and it's always worked without problems in the past *Wink

Florio, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. administrator privileges... - Similar Threads - administrator privileges

2. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  3. Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non administrator accounts have administrator privileges: I have Administrator account enabled and the other account on my PC set to standard. I have password prompt active for every administrator privilege. It used to work fine. Always required Administrator password for ie opening Task Manager, uninstalling apps. Now certain apps...
  4. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges": I recently bought a Canon camera recently. However, I cannot download Digital Photo Professional 4, this is my very first time to download this program to my laptop and I always end up with the message "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires...
  5. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

"Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges": I recently bought a Canon camera recently. However, I cannot download Digital Photo Professional 4, this is my very first time to download this program to my laptop and I always end up with the message "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires...
  6. "Installation program of Digital Photo Professional 4 requires administrator privileges"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. how do I get administrative privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get administrative privileges: How is I get administrative privileges. I am trying to dowloand a driver from my scanner and it is coming up with an error message that I do not have permission to....
  8. how do I get administrative privileges

how do I get administrative privileges: How is I get administrative privileges. I am trying to dowloand a driver from my scanner and it is coming up with an error message that I do not have permission to....
  9. how do I get administrative privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges

Event viewer clear logs without administrator privileges: Dear Microsoft Team,I have a windows 11 laptop. When I am logged with a non-admin user, I cannot clear logs. Is there a possibility to permit this non-admin user to clear logs in Event Viewer?Regards....