Windows 10: administrator replacement

Discus and support administrator replacement in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i recently purchased a galaxy book from a friend. i would like to replace the current admin. account with my own and remove my friends account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TraceyWhitley, Jan 22, 2019.

1. administrator replacement

i recently purchased a galaxy book from a friend. i would like to replace the current admin. account with my own and remove my friends account.

:)

TraceyWhitley, Jan 22, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

replace device administrator

Hi Aryan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may follow the steps listed below to convert a standard account to an administrator account:

• Login to the existing administrator account.
    • Press ‘Win + R’ keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box:
      netplwiz
    • Highlight the standard account.
    • Click on ‘Properties’ and ‘Group Membership’.
    • Click the radio button for ‘Administrator’ and select ‘Apply’ > ‘OK’.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jan 22, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 22, 2019
  4. administrator replacement

Administrator privileges

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

Step 1: If this issue is confined to all the files and folders in your computer then,

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Step 2: If the issue is confined to particular folder or file then follow the below steps.

Use the following procedure to fix this as long as you don't reboot your machine:

• Sign-in as an administrator on your computer.

• Navigate to the folder where you're having the problem. Right-click and select
      Properties from the pop-up menu.

• Under Properties | Security tab, click the
      Advanced button, then click "Change" owner on the
      Advanced Security Settings dialog (if you are already the owner, do this step anyway!), and in the resulting dialog enter whatever you want the owner to be

• Now a new check-box appears labeled "Replace owner on sub-containers and objects"; check it.

• Also check the box at the bottom "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."

• Make sure under the Permission entries grid that your current account has Full control (if not Edit or Add your account to be listed with foll control). Finally hit
      Apply. This may take a while.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

administrator replacement

1. administrator replacement - Similar Threads - administrator replacement

2. How to replace/remove Administrator on W10 system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace/remove Administrator on W10 system: Laptop Dell XPS 1330, i7, Windows 10 is transferred from Administrator ‘A’ to spouse in a divorce. All the data on the system are the work of spouse, but are shown as the property of ‘A’. Spouse creates Administrator ‘B’ account, logs in as such, also logging into ‘B’s...
  3. How to replace/remove Administrator on W10 system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace/remove Administrator on W10 system: Laptop Dell XPS 1330, i7, Windows 10 is transferred from Administrator ‘A’ to spouse in a divorce. All the data on the system are the work of spouse, but are shown as the property of ‘A’. Spouse creates Administrator ‘B’ account, logs in as such, also logging into ‘B’s...
  4. How to replace/remove Administrator on W10 system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to replace administrator account with another without losing files, downloads, and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to replace administrator account with another without losing files, downloads, and...: Hi! Does anyone know how I can replace my Dad's administrator account with my own? I am asking because I own the windows computer and want it to be connected to my email. When I bought the PC I initially used his account and put everything on it since he moved to MAC. I made...
  6. How to replace administrator account with another without losing files, downloads, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace administrator account with another without losing files, downloads, and...: Hi! Does anyone know how I can replace my Dad's administrator account with my own? I am asking because I own the windows computer and want it to be connected to my email. When I bought the PC I initially used his account and put everything on it since he moved to MAC. I made...
  7. How to replace administrator account with another without losing files, downloads, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop: Spoke to microsoft support and was referred to post something here to be seen by a technician as they were unable to resolve my issue. The reference number to the conversation is listed above in the subject (xxxxxxxxxxx). In summary my old account was compromised and so I...
  9. 1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop: Spoke to microsoft support and was referred to post something here to be seen by a technician as they were unable to resolve my issue. The reference number to the conversation is listed above in the subject (1482589321). In summary my old account was compromised and so I...
  10. replace device administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    replace device administrator: I want to know how to change my original account (admin) to a different account as admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-device-administrator/52050b2c-0ad8-46a3-bf6c-2034406a89b1