Windows 10: Administrator rights as local user?

Discus and support Administrator rights as local user? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello! I have a little problem for the busy community! Thanks already: The following scenario: I am a local user, so I don't have administrator... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by genlab, Jun 6, 2020.

1. genlab Win User

Administrator rights as local user?

Hello!

I have a little problem for the busy community! Thanks already:

The following scenario:

I am a local user, so I don't have administrator rights on the Windows system! The password of the admin user is unknown to me. I don't want to change it either. That one cannot "find out" it, is clear to me. But can I become an administrator WITHOUT rights and password without resetting the system? And if so, how?

I know, many will write; then talk to the admin etc. . Thanks, but the tips are not very helpful for me. This is a purely technical matter!

Thanks again and all the best!

:)

genlab, Jun 6, 2020

2. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Bootup is trying to login as Administrator instead of Local User

To continue working with the issue, we'd like to recommend that you launch
    Computer
    Management and check under Local Users and
    Groups if the Administrator account is active. If it is active, we suggest that you disable the account. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Computer Management and press
      Enter.
    • Click Local Users and Groups to expand it.
    • Click Users to view the list of items. Accounts will be displayed on the right-pane.
    • If Administrator account is listed. Right-click on it and select Properties.
    • Put a check mark on the box Account is disabled.
    • Click OK. See image below.

Administrator rights as local user? 45335a22-56f4-48a8-a366-222bc2ff2f82?upload=true.png

• Restart your computer and check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Sher Amo, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Local administrator windows 10 user and folder name change (full change)

Hi Shaaddi,

Have you made sure that the account currently logged-in to has Administrator privileges? You can verify this by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + I on your keyboard and click Accounts.
    • Click Your info on the left pane.
    • Under your account picture, you can see if the account is a Local Admin.

If the account is not an Admin account, we suggest making one and try to transfer the files from there. Here's an
    article for a guide on how to create a local user
    or admin account in Windows 10.

Update us if the issue is resolved.

Ian Ser, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Administrator rights as local user? - Similar Threads - Administrator rights local

2. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  3. Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible for a user in administrator group to apply Local GPO for the administrator?: I moved a user account to Administrator group from Users Group in my local machine. From this user account that is in administrator group, I am trying to create a Local GPO that hides a specific drive for administrator. I am able to create one but that policy is not affecting...
  4. Administrator rights reduced to Local?

Administrator rights reduced to Local?: Administrator rights reduced to Local? I am the Administrator! I'm the only USER on this CPU. This BS is costing me money! I have a small business to run! And that stupid UAC is denying everything I try. There's no way to turn that off. Not without my Administrator...
  5. Administrator rights reduced to Local?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator rights reduced to Local?: Administrator rights reduced to Local? I am the Administrator! I'm the only USER on this CPU. This BS is costing me money! I have a small business to run! And that stupid UAC is denying everything I try. There's no way to turn that off. Not without my Administrator...
  6. Administrator rights reduced to Local?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. User local group Administrator query

User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  8. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Customization
    User local group Administrator query: Hi Just a question.An EU was created locally in a Windows 10 PC with local admin rights.A command net localgroup Administrators workgroup\EU_username /delete was run remotely by us to remove his admin privileges.His profile worked fine for 6 days after which we see he has...
  9. User local group Administrator query

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users?: Hello All, Is it possible to grant temporary local administrator rights for just specific end users? For example I need local administrative rights for just 15 minutes. Or one day. How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users? Is there a basic solution or...