Windows 10: Administrator rights issue

Discus and support Administrator rights issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, its been like 1 year I have been using this laptop DELL VOSTRO 5468 the issue is it doesn't let me through the administrator page while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yajush Kalra, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Administrator rights issue

So, its been like 1 year I have been using this laptop

DELL VOSTRO 5468

the issue is it doesn't let me through the administrator page while accepting(it shows a page for accepting fingerprint request but then it accepts, even shows my name but doesn't let me through to next page) some changes to old applications or installing new applications. I used portable apps for some time but this is too much now.

can anyone help me with this?

:)

Yajush Kalra, Dec 31, 2018
  2. DougS9614 Win User
    DougS9614, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Administrator rights issue

Administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all Settings
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Family and other user.
    • Select the user account at the right side of the window.
    • After selecting the user account change the Account type to Administrator and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Administrator rights issue

1. Administrator rights issue - Similar Threads - Administrator rights issue

2. Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Rights: My laptop had a hard disk crash, and someone replaced the drive for me and reinstalled Windows 10. I'm now having a problem where I can't install certain files, although my rights show as "Trusted Installer". I would like to change to "Administrator" rights I am the only one...
  3. administrative rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrative rights: I am trying to unzip a tar file and it says access denied, I need administrator rights. I am the administrator. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-rights/dd9a5a3e-1eb7-4b6e-a0fb-a52c00a2c1de
  4. Administrator rights

Administrator rights: I am logged in as Administrator, the only one on this computer. When I want to rename an image I am told I need Admnistrator rights. I click the left button offered and can then rename the image, but this step wastes time and should not be necessary.WHY is it telling me I...
  5. Administration rights issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administration rights issue?: I am the administrator for my PC but every time I move a file from one location to another, it keeps saying you need administration permission to move the file, I can but I just want remove that prompt because it keep showing up again and again everytime I move a file...
  6. administrative rights

administrative rights: I need to obtain administrative rights on my PC. I forget how, but I made a mistake when I thought I was signing in as an Admin. Instead, I must have either locked myself out, or did something to make Admin unavailable. I was not able to remove any program or make any...
  7. Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Rights: I added my wife on my computer as a standard user, and I am the Administrator. Yet, she is able to see Device Manager (but can't make changes); and I am completely blocked from seeing Device Manager, and a screen pop-up says I am being blocked and to contact Admin. Yet I am...
  8. Administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator rights: Why am I only allowed a local account on my Laptop and in BIOS not allowed to change anything?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/administrator-rights/102aba95-9a9b-4232-9a3b-7c9978e37e6f
  9. Windows 10 Administrator rights issue...

Windows 10 Administrator rights issue...: Good Day, I installed an old game I had laying around Civ 3, and once installed when I tried to open the game to play I got a prompt that administrative privileges were needed to open file. I am the owner of the pc and administrator, I install and remove programs and set...
  10. Administrative Right Issues Win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrative Right Issues Win 10: Hello guys, I've been having a mayor issue with my system so far, I'm getting Access Declined or that I'm not signed into an Administrative account. Now I only seem to get this issue in to cases as far as I know, One is when I attempt to use my Defragment and Optimize Drive,...