Windows 10: Administrator rights lost

Discus and support Administrator rights lost in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi, i first create a new user and made him admin i remove my self from the admin group disable the built in administrator change his password for a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by yvesd, Dec 20, 2019.

1. yvesd Win User

Administrator rights lost

hi,
    i first create a new user and made him admin
    i remove my self from the admin group
    disable the built in administrator
    change his password for a stronger one
    and i hide the new local user admin from the log screen in the registy
    after what i have lost the admin rigth
    i try reboot safe mode but no admin account shows up neither the build in one neigther the one i create later.
    i also try reboot whit my rapaire usb in command line (xsource) net user administrator /active:yes
    reboot in safemode again and no admin shows up there too.

that's the tutorial that bring me in trouble

How to hide specific user accounts from the sign-in screen on Windows 10 | Windows Central

thanks for help
    windows version 1909 (os build 183633.535)

:)

yvesd, Dec 20, 2019

2. Lost Administrative Rights

Hello AnaTesorieri,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

See if this step-by-step fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-lost-administrati...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Dec 20, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Administrator rights lost

Lost administrator rights

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost administrator rights on the computer to perform any action and I will be happy to answer your query. Let me ask you;

• When was the last time you had administrative privileges?
    • Do you remember making any specific change in the computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you use Microsoft Account to sign-in to the computer in the past?
    • As you say that you never used any password, do you mean to say you have been using local account?
    • Which security software is installed in the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    There could be several reasons for this cause including any system file corruption, viruses etc. Let's try the following methods and check.

Enable built in administrator account while logged in to safe mode

Step 1: Start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment

a. When you hit the power button, hold down the
    Shift key when clicking the Restart button.

b. The next screen will present you with three options. Click
    Troubleshoot.

c. Next, hit
    Advanced options followed by Windows
    Startup Settings from the next screen.

d. Your PC will now be rebooted to enable the advanced parameters, which include Safe Mode as well.

Step 2: Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
    • Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and convert the your user account to Administrator or you can create new user account.

Step 3: Apply administrator right

Press Windows key + R, type control userpasswords2
    and click OK

Select the user name and click Properties

Click Group Membership tab

Click to select Administrator and click
    Other and select Administrator from drop-down menu

Click Apply and then click
    OK

Step 4: You may also create a new user account with administrative rights and check

Press Windows key + R to open
    RUN box

Type control userpasswords2 and press
    OK

Under User Account window and under
    Users tab, click Add tab

Under How will this person sign-in windows, click the option at the bottom
    Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended)

On the next window click Local Account
    at the bottom

Choose a user name (use password if you want to or you can leave the password section blank as it is just to test)

Click Next and then click
    Finish

As you click Finish, the previous User Accounts
    window remains on the screen

Select newly created user and click Properties

Click Group Membership tab

Click to select Administrator and click
    Other and select Administrator from drop-down menu

Click Apply and then click
    OK

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Administrator rights lost

1. Administrator rights lost - Similar Threads - Administrator rights lost

2. Lost Administrative Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Administrative Rights: My Machine: Windows 10 Home, 64 bit Ver 1909 c/w all current updates and patches incl the new Edge Recently lost Administrative rights on my PC. Have no idea How or Why. UAC has no YES button. Cannot update any software or install any new software. Starting to get...
  3. Lost Administrator rights

Lost Administrator rights: I have lost all administrator rights and i cannot change anything , i wanted to factory reset and in error deleted my own administrator rights . would appreciate help because i have spent a number of daily hours without success.[ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  4. lost all administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost all administrator rights: Hello, I have a new computer and somehow I have lost all administrator rights. The yes button is grayed out and it says to enter administrator information, but I can not. I've tried the following: 1. Adding a new user as an administrator, but it won't allow me to because...
  5. Lost administrator rights

Lost administrator rights: In order to understand the problem completely I will start from the beginning. I was deleting some duplicate files in my Adobe Acrobat folder but the files from a specific folder required special administrator rights in order to be deleted (although I am the administrator and...
  6. Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost administrative rights, bitlocker problem: Unfortunately it has happened that I lost the administrative rights on my computer and now I have only a user account. I am unable to retrieve this default administrator account due to the lack of privileges. All troubleshooting methods I tried to use failed because the drive...
  7. Lost Administrative Rights

Lost Administrative Rights: Help me to retrieve my administrative right on the PC. I don’t know how it’s happened but I lost my administrative right. When I launch the system I find only two user accounts and no administrative. This default administrative is disabled and I cannot enable it on my...
  8. Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Administrative rights in Windows 10: When installing or deleting some programs or even accessing my previously worked out folders, I'm told I need to have administrative privileges. I'm the user on my computer and I'm listed as administrator and my brother also uses this computer having different account which...
  9. Administrator log on and rights lost

Administrator log on and rights lost: Does anyone know how to get my administrator rights back. I keep getting an access denied error message. I need help with making myself the administrator on my computer again. I have tried you tube help and Microsoft support help to no avail. I can't change anything on...
  10. Lost Administrator rights.

Lost Administrator rights.: I can't activate back my admin account. Just because I don't remember the password, I dont have rights to change my current account which is local account to admin....