Windows 10: Administrator Rights not Accessible

Discus and support Administrator Rights not Accessible in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am still not able to access administrative rights on windows 10. My security settings were reset on my MS account but that had no impact. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rick109, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Rick109 Win User

Administrator Rights not Accessible

• I am still not able to access administrative rights on windows 10. My security settings were reset on my MS account but that had no impact. I tried using the super admin rights under windows 10 pro but it asks me to sign in as an administrator. In order to establish/create administrative rights, I have to have administrative rights...catch 22.

:)

Rick109, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 1, 2020
  3. When attempt to access the WindowsApps folder with either administrator account, the system says I need administrator rights and denies access

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to enable built in administrator by following the steps below, create a new user profile and check if the issue persist.

• Open a CMD window by right clicking on the Start icon, and selecting
      Command prompt (Admin).

• Type the following command: net user administrator /active: yes

• Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges.

• Delete the corrupted user account from the built in administrator.

• Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L, and sign-in as the Administrator account.
    Check if the issue persist and you can disable built in administrator account by typing the command: net user administrator /active: no
    in the Command prompt (Admin).

To create a new user account follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar type cmd and
      press ctrl + shift + Enter
      on the keyboard to open the Elevated
      Command Prompt.

• Type net user NewAccount password /add and click Enter.

• Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click Enter.

• Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

Hope this helps!

SujataMoktan, Jan 1, 2020
  4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Administrator Rights not Accessible - Similar Threads - Administrator Rights Accessible

2. Administrator Rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator Rights: My laptop had a hard disk crash, and someone replaced the drive for me and reinstalled Windows 10. I'm now having a problem where I can't install certain files, although my rights show as "Trusted Installer". I would like to change to "Administrator" rights I am the only one...
  3. administrative rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    administrative rights: I am trying to unzip a tar file and it says access denied, I need administrator rights. I am the administrator. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrative-rights/dd9a5a3e-1eb7-4b6e-a0fb-a52c00a2c1de
  4. Administrator rights

Administrator rights: I am logged in as Administrator, the only one on this computer. When I want to rename an image I am told I need Admnistrator rights. I click the left button offered and can then rename the image, but this step wastes time and should not be necessary.WHY is it telling me I...
  5. Administrator Rights

Administrator Rights: One day, don't know how long ago, I couldn't download stuff since then. I rubbed it off my shoulder until I really needed to download something and I did. Then I found out my administrator rights were wiped away from me for some reason. Again, don't know what. I've been...
  6. administrative rights

administrative rights: I need to obtain administrative rights on my PC. I forget how, but I made a mistake when I thought I was signing in as an Admin. Instead, I must have either locked myself out, or did something to make Admin unavailable. I was not able to remove any program or make any...
  7. Administrator Rights

Administrator Rights: I added my wife on my computer as a standard user, and I am the Administrator. Yet, she is able to see Device Manager (but can't make changes); and I am completely blocked from seeing Device Manager, and a screen pop-up says I am being blocked and to contact Admin. Yet I am...
  8. administrator rights

administrator rights: As owner and sole user of my PC I assumed I would be the administrator, but I have had notices that say I do not have permission to open some file or other and that I need administrator permission. Who, if not me, would that be and why would I need anybody else's permission...
  9. Administrator rights

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator rights: Why am I only allowed a local account on my Laptop and in BIOS not allowed to change anything?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/administrator-rights/102aba95-9a9b-4232-9a3b-7c9978e37e6f
  10. Cannot Access HDD No Administrator Rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Access HDD No Administrator Rights: I have a Windows 10 system with a Spanned Logical drive consisting of two HDD's. Recently, I had to change my user profile to a new one (the original profile became corrupt). I reconfigured the new user as the main user with administrator rights (using the hidden...